The Student Room Group

Marks and spencer grad

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
I would not get yours hopes up if you still have not heard. My application went online from on hold to under review and the following night I got the all assessment centres have finished and we are now reviewing people. The next morning I got a rejection letter to me non term time address although my application states Im currently not there, and the date of the letter was 2 days before all of the above. How can they send me an email saying everyone is being considered when they rejected me two days earlier. Their mugs! Is the only scheme I have found where they make you want ages after an assessment centre which is just stupid, mine was in London on 26th Jan, and people after this date got a response a week before me, is stupid!
If you have not heard back yet keep checking your online status
Reply 61
When I go to the online login, it just says click on review status to see the progress of an exisiting application, and the review status link is not even there. Definitely not a good sign haha...
Reply 62
Original post by Mah
When I go to the online login, it just says click on review status to see the progress of an exisiting application, and the review status link is not even there. Definitely not a good sign haha...

Hmm that's strange...maybe they are in the process of updating it :s-smilie:
Reply 63
Mine still says On Hold :s-smilie:

I really would love the job but I don't think it's going to happen unfortunately! :frown:

I don't understand their process of letting people know - I'm confused!

Surely they have made their decisions already if people are being informed?

x
Reply 64
Mine just changed to Under Review. eeeekkkk.
I'm taking that no phonecall means I haven't got it in that case :frown:
x
Reply 65
I'm not sure on the process either Hannah, I was surprised to hear so much earlier than the rest of you. I think they might have contacted those who are definitely amongst the highest scorers, maybe if alot of people got a similar score at the assessment it is taking longer to choose between them? Or they might be trying to locate people before they let you all know. I bet it is annoying waiting so long but don't give up hope :smile: x
Reply 66
I only just found out today that I had been successful, and my assessment centre was on the 7th, so be patient and your result will come
Reply 67
Original post by Mah

Mine has said been like that since before my interview! Strange!
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 68
Original post by mattyw23
I only just found out today that I had been successful, and my assessment centre was on the 7th, so be patient and your result will come

Congratulations Matty! :smile: Did your status ever change to Under Review? Or did it always say On Hold...

I'm still 'Under Review'!

:s-smilie:

x
Reply 69
Thanks Hannah! mine has remained on hold the whole time, i do not think it makes much difference tbh, the only thing you need to worry about is getting a phone call not what your status says. im sure you did fine x
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 70
Original post by mattyw23
Thanks Hannah! well done to you too! mine has remained on hold the whole time, i do not think it makes much difference tbh, the only thing you need to worry aboutis getting a phone call x

I can keep wishing! :smile: lol.

I just wonder how long I'm going to be under review for! :redface:

x
Reply 71
well done Matty which store are you going to be based at?

And yeah I agree, don't worry about the status, I didn't even check mine. They will phone you and send an email the same day :smile:
Reply 72
cheers lizzie! going to be based in North London, start in September, when u starting/based? x
Reply 73
Ahh cool, I'm up north so working at Handforth store which is south Manchester. Starting in September aswell really excited :biggrin:
Reply 74
Well done for being successful! i'm getting really nervous now.... if they are going down the list of top scores down i hope they arn't near the end! only one more day till the weekend to go :s-smilie: my status still says on hold :s-smilie: xxx
Reply 75
still think you should be patient some people last year did not find out untill end of march:eek: lizzie have recieved your confirmation letter yet/how long did it take to come through?
Reply 76
yeah I know someone who only found out last April, I know it must be hard waiting around but try and stay patient :smile:

Yeah Matty I received it probably about 2 or 3 days after they phoned me, you then just need to sign the offer acceptance and contract and send it back along with your P45/46 :smile: I just want to know what the next step is now I'm excited lol :smile:
Reply 77
haha patience is not one of my good qualities! i'm desperate to know but i'd rather wait a few weeks for a successful phone call than find out i've not got it today. but im constantly checking my phone, email, post all the time lol worrying if my phone might ring in lectures! how sad am i!! xx
Reply 78
haha well at least your prepared if you get a call then! thats alright then, mine should come through in the next few days! im sure the lady on the phone to me said about an induction day at the chosen store, plus an induction day were all the successful grads meet up! just really wanna finish uni and start now lol x
Reply 79
aww k_m_j you aren't sad, I'd be exactly the same if I hadn't been lucky enough to get the phone call so early! What part of the country are you hoping to work in?

Yeah I think there is an induction day which should be cool :smile: I'm exactly the same I just want it to be September, so sick of essay writing and exams just want to get started with the job! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending