The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
doctors for sure.
Original post by Misson Impossible
In response to this thread, http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1556630&page=3

which I thought was borderline retarded but out of curiosity, what does the Great British public deem as the most respectable profession (out of the 2 of course) ?

:smile:

I personally respect Doctors (and Engineers) more than Lawyers

doctors save lives

lawyers steal cash and corrupt law
Reply 22
Don't respect one more than the other. I respect them both just as much as I respect for example a homeless person. I cannot understand why people give doctors this instant respect.
Reply 23
Original post by Arcanine
Don't respect one more than the other. I respect them both just as much as I respect for example a homeless person. I cannot understand why people give doctors this instant respect.

Because they have a monopoly on treating ailments.
Reply 24
Original post by Derezzed

Do not care.
I always thought philosophers were respected more than both doctors and lawyers.
Reply 26
I think most negative views come from those injury claims adverts. It gives the impression that they're all just parasites looking to sue anything for money. There's a lot of decent lawyers out there who aren't interested in that sort of business. Afterall there are plenty of doctors out there who do it for the money and prestige.
(edited 13 years ago)
Doctors i suppose - they do more for the society than lawyers (in general)
Reply 28
Original post by Derezzed

Dentists? Pharmacists?

In relation to the question I would say a doctor hands down.
Really? Is everyone forgetting that judges are lawyers too?

You can't tell me that the people upholding justice in the world don't deserve respect.
Original post by Muscovite
Doctors obviously, why would you ever respect a lawyer, perhaps with the exception of human rights lawyers, but even then its questionable whether they would still fight for human rights if we more than halved their paycheque!

You reckon no medical student would mind dragging themselves through 6 years of uni and 100k of debt if their paycheques were halved at the end of it?
Mathmos obviously
oh please **** off! lawyers easily have more respect u delluded creature's. neg away i don't care!
Doctors heal, Lawyers sue
Reply 34
Lawyers. Because we're somewhat more powerful. Lol.
Reply 35
If it was 30 years ago I'd say they were about equal, but now Doctors for sure. The law system is one big red tape nightmare nowadays and is far from what it is supposed to be...
Original post by Arcanine

Seriously? I think someone who has bothered to spend most of their time, right from highschool to university, studying very hard to be able to help other people definitely deserves that respect. Im not going to compare them to the homeless, as everyone has their cicumstances and you just cant compare the two.

But Doctors in my opinion definitely deserve maximum respect for the effort they put in to help us. Have you ever been a med student? Or even tried to be one? Because im telling you right now, Its damn right HARD as hell, you have to have amazing grades dating back from highschool, which means dedication and determination.

Doctors practically give up a chunk of their lives for other people. If that doesnt deserve respect in your opinion, then I honestly cant see what would.
Lawyers- underpaind and overworked for the benefit of society to bring justice

Doctors (my brother is doing a degree)- erm Wikipedia.
Reply 38
Neither. You're thinking of the 20th century.
Well where does a lawyer go when he/she is sick? To a doctor!

I have a lot of respect for doctors because it takes a lot of mental strength to become a doctor and you sacrifice a lot. It's not an easy career to take on. I still have respect for lawyers though-but it's more than certain I will need the help of a doctor as opposed to the help of a lawyer's.

I want to study law though.

Latest

Trending

Trending