The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 7980
Original post by spikeymike
:hi: I have indeed been inactive on TSR. I did decide at one point to leave TSR as I just focussed on PS Help and here. But PS Help is quiet with the uni application period largely over and the lack of interest I had for gaming.

But with the recent announcement of the PS4, it's reignited my interest in gaming. Am I getting a PS4? Sure am.

Where have I been you ask? Working, training and maintaining an ongoing Minecraft project with hobo06 and Roobsa. :p:

Welcome back! I wonder how long it'll be before someone comes on here and mentions a fire on Minecraft now... :tongue:

I'm thinking of putting my order in for a PS4 with Sainsburys. 10% discount (assuming I still work there at release) is likely to trump any other deals around.
Not been a release date for this yet? Really excited for this console, it seems to have made improvements, whilst the XBOX ONE has gone backwards from the XBOX 360

I know November 2013 is rumoured, but I'm looking for an actual date :tongue:
Reply 7984
Original post by Illusionary
Expired now :dontknow:

I know AugustWestie preordered from there at that price.

I'm going to have to see how I can get mine at release considering I would have moved back home by then...
Reply 7985
Original post by Sum Gai
Because if digital download undercut retailers then retailers would stop buying and selling games from publishers. In this day and age retail is still king. So Sony and Microsoft don't want to piss them off.

When it comes to older games, again it has to do with the retailers as well. Also it costs money to host the download online, and with older games it can get expensive to host the games because no one is downloading them anymore. Hence why the price stays high.

Also playstation plus and steam are good examples of how digital download can work out better than retail. But for now retail are still king.

Very good points
Reply 7986
PSN Free 30 day trial

https://www.facebook.com/SonyPlaystation/app_106681779474103

Like them on facebook and they'll email you the code
Original post by diggy
PSN Free 30 day trial

https://www.facebook.com/SonyPlaystation/app_106681779474103

Like them on facebook and they'll email you the code

Are you sure??? I would need to make a facebook lol
Reply 7988
Went to buy The Last Of Us last night, customer in front of me got the last one :frown:

I missed it in all the launch stuff, are the new Call of Duty and Battlefield 4 on PS4 only? Or PS3 too?
Original post by .raiden.
Are you sure??? I would need to make a facebook lol

If you've ever had a PS Plus trial before, it likely won't work when you try to use the code.
Original post by dhr90
Went to buy The Last Of Us last night, customer in front of me got the last one :frown:

I missed it in all the launch stuff, are the new Call of Duty and Battlefield 4 on PS4 only? Or PS3 too?

PS3 and PS4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
If you've ever had a PS Plus trial before, it likely won't work when you try to use the code.

PS3 and PS4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Never had it lol!
Original post by dhr90

Just to point out a huge difference between BF4 on current gen and next gen consoles is that multiplayer will be up to 64 players on next gen while only up to 24 on current in addition to graphics differences :smile:
Reply 7992
Original post by dhr90

I won't bother getting it know, it will be £20 in a few weeks
Original post by diggy

I could see it being a bit longer than a few weeks before it reaches the £20 mark, but yeah, it'll drop in price eventually. I think I'll get it at some point in the £25-£30 range.
Reply 7994
Original post by diggy

It'll be more than a few weeks. Besides with staff discount and multiple vouchers I won't be paying much more than £20 anyway.
Looking to buy The Last Of Us on Friday as a 'My exams are finally ****ing over' reward :tongue:
Edit: Sorry :colondollar:
(edited 10 years ago)
I won't be getting any game until PS4 arrives. :teeth:
Reply 7997
I could see it being a bit longer than a few weeks before it reaches the £20 mark, but yeah, it'll drop in price eventually. I think I'll get it at some point in the £25-£30 range.

I remember watching Hitman drop dramatically in price around christmas time mainly because i had to choose between Far Cry and Hitman. Suffice to say I made the right decision

Single player games always drop in price quickly regardless of a multiplayer ie. Hitman Far Cry Tomb Raider Sleeping Dogs
Original post by diggy
I remember watching Hitman drop dramatically in price around christmas time mainly because i had to choose between Far Cry and Hitman. Suffice to say I made the right decision

Single player games always drop in price quickly regardless of a multiplayer ie. Hitman Far Cry Tomb Raider Sleeping Dogs

Agreed on Hitman and Sleeping Dogs, but Far Cry and Tomb Raider both took a fair amount of time to drop in price. Tomb Raider's only just about hit £20 now and is still above that in many places.
Original post by diggy

It's all about demand. Hitman is a very niche game and not many people bought it. Hence it fell in price quite rapidly and you could easily get it below £10 now. Far Cry 3 on the other hand would be difficult to find new for anything less than £15 and I think it'll settle at that price. A good example of a game that has settled at the £15 mark and has never gone lower is Skyrim. It's always got decent demand for it especially when they fixed all those bugs associated with the PS3 version.

The Last of Us is being called the best game of this generation etc. and there's no doubt there are going to be millions who buy it. I just can't see the price dropping anywhere near as quickly as Hitman did. I think you'd be lucky to get it for £15 when the PS4 is released (which is still a very reasonable price for what looks to be a phenomenal game).

Latest