The Student Room Group

Pharmacy Clearing 2011

Scroll to see replies

Original post by h-star
Hide your passport? :p:

Foundation pharmacy? Only need CCC at Medway

Just phoned them, they're not offering it through clearance as they are oversubscribed :frown:
Reply 141
I was up at 6:30am today, phoned every single university for Clearing and not a single one was willing to take me as a transfer from Pharmaceutical Science. The worst part is that my own university, Medway, didn't offer me a place - not even on the foundation course when I applied through the regular UCAS cycle. And then Kingston university released me from my original offer, even though I told them I was still waiting for my final grades, pending an appeal for mitigating circumstances.
Reply 142
Original post by S23a
I was up at 6:30am today, phoned every single university for Clearing and not a single one was willing to take me as a transfer from Pharmaceutical Science. The worst part is that my own university, Medway, didn't offer me a place - not even on the foundation course when I applied through the regular UCAS cycle. And then Kingston university released me from my original offer, even though I told them I was still waiting for my final grades, pending an appeal for mitigating circumstances.

So could you not get into Medway foundation course, even though you fulfilled the entry criteria ?

I think it was CCC. Was it due to your profile/grades or that they didn't have any places left. Were you originally studying at Medway anyway?
Reply 143
Original post by Joburger
So could you not get into Medway foundation course, even though you fulfilled the entry criteria ?

I think it was CCC. Was it due to your profile/grades or that they didn't have any places left. Were you originally studying at Medway anyway?

I applied at 12am last night for clearing, using Kent's online application system for Medway and my account stated at 9am that there were no foundation places available, regardless of what the Greenwich Medway website stated.

My A-level results were CDE (E in chemistry), though in my current Pharmaceutical Science course at Medway, i achieved 63% overall (74% average in chemistry modules) for the first year, even with mitigating circumstances and non-attendance for most of the second term.
Original post by hahaff
yep you should do they are one of the best on the list in my opinion but be careful in what you do:smile: all the best maybe even see u at bradford uni:smile:

Hertfordshire said theyll take me, just have to wait for the offer so then I can call Kingston so they can release me :smile:
Reply 145
Firstly well done for those who have made it to pharmacy

Secondly: My opinion is BBC / BCC is the the absolute minimum to survive a pharmacy degree and be a safe pharmacist at the end of the day.

For those who with any lower they really need to reconsider what they are doing. They display a distinct lack of self awareness of themselves and the fact that pharmacy is not just an ordinary degree. Pharmacy is essentially training professionals to:

1) Ensure that patients receive effective and safe medication with the appropriate education

2) To ensure that themselves or any other member of the healthcare team do not harm patients with medication or advice.

To be asked to give someone a chance on a pharmacy degree with CDD is quite frankly ridiculous. Please take a dose of reality three times a day.
Reply 146
Original post by Some random guy
Just phoned them, they're not offering it through clearance as they are oversubscribed :frown:

Ouch, I'm so sorry then. Hopefully you'll find a place elsewhere :hugs:
Original post by hahaff
bradford
hertfordshire
east anglia
sunderland
dmu
wolverhampton
medway
ljmu
all had clearing spaces at 8am in the morning
good luck if you are in clearing and hopefully you will find a place soon
i personally recommend medway as they said we would accept BCC or BBC as long as B is in chem

east anglia had clearing space? woww, i thought they were good for pharmacy!! very surprising indeed

my AS grades are ABC and i want to get into manchester / nottingham with an AAB,
Original post by James A
east anglia had clearing space? woww, i thought they were good for pharmacy!! very surprising indeed

my AS grades are ABC and i want to get into manchester / nottingham with an AAB,

They are a top university, very impressive one, I think the only reason that they may have spaces is because thisbyear they raised their requirements which obv. Puts their spaces in competition with other unis that offer the same grades like manchester and notts etc. The only other reason I can think of is that it is very far to the East an so many people might find that it is too far from their houses, but this is what i think might not be reality, but what is reality is that UEA is definitely a top uni and their student satisfaction scores are always high!
Original post by mathsclown
They are a top university, very impressive one, I think the only reason that they may have spaces is because thisbyear they raised their requirements which obv. Puts their spaces in competition with other unis that offer the same grades like manchester and notts etc. The only other reason I can think of is that it is very far to the East an so many people might find that it is too far from their houses, but this is what i think might not be reality, but what is reality is that UEA is definitely a top uni and their student satisfaction scores are always high!

They're number 1 in the league tables for Pharmacy...
Original post by Tariq786
They're number 1 in the league tables for Pharmacy...

I'm not surprised and congratulations on obtaining an offer with them :smile: :smile:

yeah i read that they won the 2011 number 1 student satisfaction university, and not for the first time they have been contending for 1st place. last year i think UEA were 3rd, so i can't wait to apply there !!

i also visited there on a biology trip and loved the campus, there's also a big lake on campus, more towards the accomidation blocks. imagine waking up and seeing that beautiful scenery !!
I'm not surprised and congratulations on obtaining an offer with them :smile: :smile:

Thanks!! And where you going?
People who got UEA for Pharmacy: What grades did you get? I wanna know how low they went...
Original post by INeedToRevise
People who got UEA for Pharmacy: What grades did you get? I wanna know how low they went...

erm. i also wanna know. ask them. i've got in. but i got grades above entry requirements..
Reply 155
guys if there is anyone who still needs a place
medway has reappeared and brighton is in clearing now too but be quick
Reply 156
Original post by hahaff
guys if there is anyone who still needs a place
medway has reappeared and brighton is in clearing now too but be quick

what grades do they want just being curious
Reply 157
Original post by kingam
what grades do they want just being curious

i emailed medway before results and they said i would get an offer if i got BBC with B in chem and maths
i think the others want BBB or ABB
Reply 158
can u transfer for pharmacy at another uni after doing 1st year of pharmacology at a different 1???
Original post by jklm123
can u transfer for pharmacy at another uni after doing 1st year of pharmacology at a different 1???

UEA offered me BSc science with a foundation year. After completing and acheiving 75% in first year you transfer onto the MPharm course.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending