The Student Room Group

King's College London Medicine Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1380
Have people put their current work on the pre-interview form? If so, have they put it in work exp or extra curricular?
Original post by NP473L
just got home 5 minutes ago...sleepy train journey to reflect.

I have no idea how well it went. I think it went okay, but the poker faces are unbearable. Let's wait and see. How does notification come through? MyApplication?

On another unrelated note, I saw Irish Jim from The Apprentice on the train on the way there :biggrin: ... I said hello. He said 'How are you?' Brilliant banter :tongue:

Whoa! I was routing for Jim! Anyway, you never really know how well you've done in an interview. It's pretty much impossible to assess yourself. I'm sure you did well though, just sit back and relax now I guess! And yep, it comes through the MyApplication apparently... Well that's what happened with my Biochemistry one anyway...

One question... No on-the-spot nucleophilic substitution right? :colondollar:
Reply 1382
still NOTHING from king's...
should i be worried?
My ukcat isn't great, but I have good gcses and a levels :smile:
Anyone heard today? This wait is driving me craaaaaaaazy!
Reply 1384
Thought i'd put where i'm at:

Just went to the interview today, and felt it went fine... But as someone said earlier - dreaded pokerfaces! :smile: No idea really...

I've also applied to Leicester, BSMS and Southampton, and haven't heard from any of them yet. UKCAT of around 650. I'm applying as a mature arts / social science student, having just done an MSc Anthropology. So i'm an odd application!

The lady at the reception desk said that we'd hear within two weeks, likely one.

Perhaps someone can answer this: I know we hear on myApplication, but do we get e-mail notifications? I only got a "reminder" message about the interview because I hadn't checked the KCL system in a while... Or do I need to paranoidly keep checking the website? :colondollar:

Good luck to everyone! :redface:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Karalily

Just went to the interview today, and felt it went fine... But as someone said earlier - dreaded pokerfaces! :smile: No idea really...

I've also applied to Leicester, BSMS and Southampton.

The lady at the reception desk said that we'd hear within two weeks, likely one.

Perhaps someone can answer this: I know we hear on myApplication, but do we get e-mail notifications? I only got a "reminder" message about the interview because I hadn't checked the KCL system in a while... Or do I need to paranoidly keep checking the website? :colondollar:

I got an email saying that my application status had changed a few hours after it updated on the portal :smile:
Reply 1386
Its been 8 days since my interview, still waiting to hear. Its agonising!
Original post by Karalily

I've also applied to Leicester, BSMS and Southampton, and haven't heard from any of them yet. UKCAT of around 650. I'm applying as a mature arts / social science student, having just done an MSc Anthropology. So i'm an odd application!

Heard on the 9th day, some heard sooner, some later. It doesn't affect IN ANY WAY whether you get offer or not.

And yes, you must have had the pokerface interviewers....its really offputting, me and my friend had them, but got offers still so they couldn't have been that grumpy about what we had said :biggrin: You just have to act normal and maintain eye contact and smile and sound enthusiastic etc..... Try not to look into it, as you say, it's quite clearly a poker face, there is no way someone can be that bored :P

KCL track will update first, 20ish mins later you get the email, then UCAS updates a few hours/days/weeks later.

Original post by hansolo1

Don't worry, you will hear soon, length of time doesn't effect whether you get an offer or not!

Both of you, avoid KCL track syndrome, it's very detrimental to your life in general!!!!

Best of luck :wink:
Original post by kingcoltzan
Heard on the 9th day, some heard sooner, some later. It doesn't affect IN ANY WAY whether you get offer or not.

And yes, you must have had the pokerface interviewers....its really offputting, me and my friend had them, but got offers still so they couldn't have been that grumpy about what we had said :biggrin: You just have to act normal and maintain eye contact and smile and sound enthusiastic etc..... Try not to look into it, as you say, it's quite clearly a poker face, there is no way someone can be that bored :P

KCL track will update first, 20ish mins later you get the email, then UCAS updates a few hours/days/weeks later.

Don't worry, you will hear soon, length of time doesn't effect whether you get an offer or not!

Both of you, avoid KCL track syndrome, it's very detrimental to your life in general!!!!

Best of luck :wink:

Hey,
I had my interview on Monday this week, so if you found out around 9 days later do you think I can pretty much expect to hear by the end of next week? This is killing me! What day of the week did you find out and around what time? I know it's so trivial but these things help me..
Also whats your academic profile if you don't mind me asking?
And did you think your interview went well?
LOL had a mini heart attack just now when I checked my email and saw one about King's and Interviews. I opened it and the first thing I saw was "The deadline for you to respond will pass shortly" and nearly fainted because I thought I had passed the deadline...

Then I read "We recently contacted you with an update regarding your application to the Medicine MBBS at King’s College London which required a response." and was like, WHAT?! I DIDN'T GET ANY EMAILS!

Then freaked out for another 10 minutes then realizing that my interview invitation was sitting nicely on the portal and I have to respond in 5 days. Anyways- yay interview!!!! :smile:

(PS do they expect us to check the portal every single day because I definitely didn't get any email notification!!!)
Original post by BiologyF325
Hey,
I had my interview on Monday this week, so if you found out around 9 days later do you think I can pretty much expect to hear by the end of next week? This is killing me! What day of the week did you find out and around what time? I know it's so trivial but these things help me..

Original post by hansolo1

I got my offer 12 days after my interview - don't worry about it if you don't hear that quickly!
It seem's like they are interviewing sooo many people.. this can't be good!
What day/time of the week did you get your offer joker12345?
Original post by BiologyF325
Hey,

Check the medicine stalking page for all the details. Link on OP

Summary: 11A* 715 UKCAT
Original post by shuttersopen

Original post by shuttersopen
LOL had a mini heart attack just now when I checked my email and saw one about King's and Interviews. I opened it and the first thing I saw was "The deadline for you to respond will pass shortly" and nearly fainted because I thought I had passed the deadline...

Then I read "We recently contacted you with an update regarding your application to the Medicine MBBS at King’s College London which required a response." and was like, WHAT?! I DIDN'T GET ANY EMAILS!

Then freaked out for another 10 minutes then realizing that my interview invitation was sitting nicely on the portal and I have to respond in 5 days. Anyways- yay interview!!!! :smile:

(PS do they expect us to check the portal every single day because I definitely didn't get any email notification!!!)

Congrats! :smile:
I guess. I never got emails.
Original post by hslakaal
Congrats! :smile:
I guess. I never got emails.

yeah i didnt got an email for interview in KCL too. i just kept checking the KCL portal each day and boooooom! my application status changed with "acceptance for interview"

so just keep checking portal everyday but definitely NOT PER 5 MINUTES !!!:biggrin:
Original post by dragon_knight

Original post by dragon_knight
yeah i didnt got an email for interview in KCL too. i just kept checking the KCL portal each day and boooooom! my application status changed with "acceptance for interview"

so just keep checking portal everyday but definitely NOT PER 5 MINUTES !!!:biggrin:

Took a while didn't it? :tongue:
Reply 1396
Original post by NP473L
just got home 5 minutes ago...sleepy train journey to reflect.

I have no idea how well it went. I think it went okay, but the poker faces are unbearable. Let's wait and see. How does notification come through? MyApplication?

On another unrelated note, I saw Irish Jim from The Apprentice on the train on the way there :biggrin: ... I said hello. He said 'How are you?' Brilliant banter :tongue:

ahh fingers crossed :smile:!
Reply 1397
Has anyone else not heard anything?? I'm terrified of being rejected without an interview :frown: any ideas what my chances are with 7A*s and 3As at GCSE and a UKCAT of 662.5?
Reply 1398
EU applicant informed of 09/01/2012 interview through the website :smile: Has to be the first interview day after the holidays...
Reply 1399
Original post by Petros93
EU applicant informed of 09/01/2012 interview through the website :smile: Has to be the first interview day after the holidays...

omg congrats!!! I'm also applying as an eu applicant but I'm yet to receive an interview :frown:
I check the portal practically every day but the status is always the same: "Your application is being processed" :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending