The Student Room Group

King's College London Medicine Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by apple17

Original post by apple17
Ah, good luck for ur other choices. My cuz goes to UCL med and loves it there. Its amazing, personally, i like KCL better. have fun. :tongue:

That's the thing, both are pretty much the same but subconsciously for some reason I think UCL is 'better' simply because I had to go through the pain of the BMAT for it! Anyway, I'm not in a position to be complaining; I feel very happy and privileged to have got an offer here. Hope your interview goes alright! DON'T rush the pre-interview questionnaire!
Original post by marc_h94
That's the thing, both are pretty much the same but subconsciously for some reason I think UCL is 'better' simply because I had to go through the pain of the BMAT for it! Anyway, I'm not in a position to be complaining; I feel very happy and privileged to have got an offer here. Hope your interview goes alright! DON'T rush the pre-interview questionnaire!

Are the questionnaires used in the interview? :s-smilie:
Original post by SirMuffin

Original post by SirMuffin
Are the questionnaires used in the interview? :s-smilie:

They're not but I imagine them being useful to the admissions panel; you're asked to bring it in with you in the interview, presumably for them to look at it when you leave. Might play very little significance but I wouldn't risk it.
Reply 1583
Original post by marc_h94

Oh yeah, I know what u mean. BMAT was a hellish experience, even worse than UKCAT. Thank you, is there a set amount of time to complete the questionnaire or do u get as long as u want?
Reply 1584
Hey guys! Wondering what u wore to the interview,for ladies I mean. Does the clothes need to be of a brand?? Really appreciate the help! Btw international here!
If anyone was there on the 7th for interview, near the last few interviews of the day, I was the asian, korean dude with short hair :smile: (and small eyes :redface:)
Original post by yanb0706
Hey guys! Wondering what u wore to the interview,for ladies I mean. Does the clothes need to be of a brand?? Really appreciate the help! Btw international here!

Mine weren't of any brand! Be comfortable in what you wear but you need to take a good impression too! I wore pinstriped trousers, a flowery blouse and a blazer :smile: but I was comfortable :biggrin: Other girls there were wearing dresses or a pencil skirt and blouse or trousers and a blouse (like moi!). Hope this helps a little :biggrin:
Reply 1587
My King's interview is on the 9th of January, a few days after I hear from Cambridge. Whatever their decision, I'll have a peculiar mood ;p
Reply 1588
Ooh, my MyApplication page has gone back to "being processed" state! Eep! :s-smilie:
Reply 1589
Original post by yanb0706

Hey
I would think a blouse, skirt, blazer/cardigan will do. Not too dressy, i think
International here too. :smile:
Reply 1590
hey just wondering, anyone who doesnt speak good english got an interview?? im from taiwan btw
Original post by Petros93
My King's interview is on the 9th of January, a few days after I hear from Cambridge. Whatever their decision, I'll have a peculiar mood ;p

Same day! :biggrin: What time is yours? :smile:
Reply 1592
Original post by wavezone113
Same day! :biggrin: What time is yours? :smile:

10:00, how about you?
Original post by Karalily

Original post by Karalily
Ooh, my MyApplication page has gone back to "being processed" state! Eep! :s-smilie:

That means a decision has been made! Good luck, you'll hear tonight or tomorrow.
:woo: :woo: :woo:

Checked myApplication at 17:30 - nothing. Watched a Muppets video on Youtube, checked again at 17:32...conditional offer!!! :biggrin:
Original post by Joseppea
:woo: :woo: :woo:

Checked myApplication at 17:30 - nothing. Watched a Muppets video on Youtube, checked again at 17:32...conditional offer!!! :biggrin:

Congrats!! Mine just keeps changing between the 'Interview' page and the 'Application Being Processed' page. So frustrating!! :angry:
Original post by confused dot com
Congrats!! Mine just keeps changing between the 'Interview' page and the 'Application Being Processed' page. So frustrating!! :angry:

Well keep checking! They seem to be updating them at strange times :smile:

Good luck - I hope it's an offer as well! :biggrin:

Edit:

That's what I watched (it came up on my Facebook newsfeed, I didn't actively seek it out! :ninja:)
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1597
Yup...1st rejection. I'm waiting on UCL now (which I thought went much better)...still a punch in the balls though.

Good luck everyone. I won't see you around
Anyone know if rejections will come quite quickly compared to offers, or will it take just as long?

Had my interview today and I think I know what to expect...
Original post by Joseppea
Well keep checking! They seem to be updating them at strange times :smile:

Good luck - I hope it's an offer as well! :biggrin:

Edit:

That's what I watched (it came up on my Facebook newsfeed, I didn't actively seek it out! :ninja:)

Thanks :smile: Did yours change to the 'Application Being Processed' page before you got the offer?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending