The Student Room Group

Weird Things Your Pets Do

Scroll to see replies

my dog likes to lick my fathers feet...and let me tell ya, they don't look delicious at all! o.O
Original post by Rananagirl
Oh, also, my kitten steals all the sponges. We've tried hiding them in cupboards, under bowls, behind the towels in the bathroom...

She always manages to find and devour them. :lolwut:

My kitten Socks does this. Y'know the sponge to apply hair removal cream? Yep, stolen the cheeky bastard. :h:
Reply 22
My kitten likes sitting in boxes, even if they're too small for him. We actually kept a big cardboard box and put a blanket in it for him, and sometimes he'll sleep in it. But yesterday I got a package in the post and he insisted on spending the rest of the night sitting in a tiny far too small for him box.

He'll also sit on the tv stand with his face right up next to the screen and tilt his head lots to watch the tv :smile:

He likes being carried round on his back, a bit like a baby, and squeaks when he wants to get down.

Whenever someone's in the bath he'll sit on the edge and splash his paws round in the water (usually splashes me in the face :dry:).

Every morning he'll get into bed with my and my boyfriend for cuddles, he jumps on the bed purring and then lays down under the duvet with his head poking out the top and starts padding (normally on my tummy :pinch:)
My cats don't meow- ever. If you call their name they'll make a sort of pigeon rolling-r noise and run up to you for a fuss.

Tigger loves cheese- and Muller Rice. I have to be careful with leaving food around for obvious reasons. Came home to notice the Digestives were chewed into. :mad: My bf is sometimes rather abrasive to the cats and funnily enough Socks will climb into his clothes and **** on them. The uproar is a little mental but secretly I think Socks was trying to do a 1-up on him. :colone:

Socks is a catnip bandit, he'll roll all over the floor and purr like he is on acid, whereas his sister just lays there stoned.

Socks and Tigger both love boxes, jumping in them, chewing them, scratching them...box fluff everywhere! Socks likes very small boxes which is funny as he's the larger cat and just looks ridiculous.

Tigger's fav toy is a felt carrot. She takes it everywhere with her and if you try and throw it away she is NOT happy. I think for xmas I'll get her a new one.

Sock's fav toy is a toy spider on a string. :h:

In the mornings they wake me up by sitting on my tummy/chest/pillow and nudging me. Tigger dribbles and shakes her head like a dog-usually wakes me up. GRR! Tigger sleeps on my pillow behind my head most nights but she purrs VERY noisily. Socks sleeps in his pet carrier- it has a comfy blanket in there but if you take him to the vet he will be COVERED in dribble-he gets nervous poor sod. :frown:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 24
Original post by I<3LAMP
My cats don't meow- ever. If you call their name they'll make a sort of pigeon rolling-r noise and run up to you for a fuss.

Tigger loves cheese- and Muller Rice. I have to be careful with leaving food around for obvious reasons. Came home to notice the Digestives were chewed into. :mad:

Socks is a catnip bandit, he'll roll all over the floor and purr like he is on acid, whereas his sister just lays there stoned.

Socks and Tigger both love boxes, jumping in them, chewing them, scratching them...box fluff everywhere! Socks likes very small boxes which is funny as he's the larger cat and just looks ridiculous.

Tigger's fav toy is a felt carrot. She takes it everywhere with her and if you try and throw it away she is NOT happy. I think for xmas I'll get her a new one.

Sock's fav toy is a toy spider on a string. :h:

My kitten does this too! He actually meows quite a lot if he wants attention or food, but if you call his name when he's in a different room he starts chirping and will then run in :lol:
My dog (which is female), when she is bored, she will come up to you while watching TV, cock her leg up on your foot (like male dogs do when they take a piss) and then she will try and bite your feet with her leg still cocked
Reply 26
Oh and my kitten likes sitting behind curtains and jumps out when you walk past with all his paws in the air :lol: ninja kitty.
Original post by Smoosh
My kitten does this too! He actually meows quite a lot if he wants attention or food, but if you call his name when he's in a different room he starts chirping and will then run in :lol:

It is ridiculously adorable. :3 Mine only miaowed when they were separated before their neuter operations.

Cats are too cool.
Reply 28
jumping on the window ledge, sticking its head out of the window and just trying to bark at everything
Original post by Ham22
my dog makes sort of screaming noises whilst yawning.

Mine does that. :tongue:

She makes a big show of stretching out and does this really high pitched squeaky yawn and then looks at you.

When I'm trying to sleep my cat used to stand over me and pat my face with his paw (without his claws out thank god) and then put his face right next to mine and would make that cute PRRR sound they sometimes make.

Kind of like this :love:-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0ffwDYo00Q
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 30
My cat likes to sleep in wardrobes, boxes, and chairs.
Reply 31
Original post by EffieFlowers
Mine does that. :tongue:

She makes a big show of stretching out and does this really high pitched squeaky yawn and then looks at you.

When I'm trying to sleep my cat used to stand over me and pat my face with his paw (without his claws out thank god) and then put his face right next to mine and would make that cute PRRR sound they sometimes make.

Kind of like this :love:-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0ffwDYo00Q

That's like what mine does :biggrin: Haha, I love that video. My cat came running in and started looking around when he heard the meows as well :lol:
My Yorkie is a strange little thing.
She loves toast, like totally obsessed with it. She would choose toast over meat any day.
She HAS to bring my mam a present every single morning, they are usually either socks, toys, or anything else lying on the floor that she can pick up. She gets really distressed if she can't find something to give to her.
When my other dog does a wee or poop in the garden, my yorkie with run round and round her in circles.. kinda like a lap of honour.
She likes it when you blow on her tummy, and she will lie across your face until you do so.
She also stands/sits on her back legs like a meerkat a lot.
My cat knocks on doors and windows when he wants to come in. He doesn't cry or call me, just raps on the glass. He also catches treats in his mouth by jumping in the air, very cute!
Reply 35
We don't have a little cat flap in our back door because its glass, so we have to let her out by opening it.

So at 4-5am every morning, my cat Lexie will wake up, go down stairs into my parent's room, sit on my dad's bedside table and will meow until he wakes up. He actually gets up and lets her out, if he doesn't move, she walks on his head for good measure. Then she'll be waiting by the back door to be let in between 7-8am.

:cool:
Reply 36
My cat loves cheese and marmite. :lolwut: Whenever I have marmite toast, she yowls at me to give her some.

She also hates shouting or crying and taps our arm with her paw or gives us a nip if one of us is upset or angry. She's been quite a good comforter when I've been crying over something!
My current cat has a bit of an obsession with licking brushes in the house, like the one from the brush and pan, or the one we use to sweep the fireplace :tongue:
Our old cat, Jess, used to get really annoyed when we whistled, she'd run up to you and bat you if you did it haha
Reply 38
My dog will howl along if you play saxophone - but not any other instrument.
Reply 39
My kitten's just spent the last 10 minutes putting the lid of a 2 litre bottle in a cardboard box, fishing it back out, putting it back in etc. etc.

Quick Reply

Latest