The Student Room Group

What did you aspire to be when you were young?

Scroll to see replies

I remember at some point wanting to be a train driver, a medieval knight, a professional gamer, a robot engineer, a pirate (a nice one though, none of that swashbuckling nonsense), an author or a famous engineer.

More recently, I had aspirations to be an architect, but after despising GCSE Art I decided against it. Now, I want to be a theoretical physicist, or if that doesn't work out a rockstar. :cool:
Reply 181
Original post by aspirinpharmacist
I always loved Hermione. I can still do a kick-ass impression of her, but nobody ever asks me for it anymore. Mostly because I have a friend who looks and acts like her, more than I do.

Both of them are just...:love: I would have ditched Draco when he goes off with Voldy and got together with Neville, because he becomes seriously badass in that book. Wouldn't have minded a young Tom Riddle though, he's very charismatic in the 2nd film. After that he's downright creepy. They should've got Harry Lloyd to play him, I don't know why they didn't, he's a great actor and he would have been perfect for Tom.

Aww, that sucks. ):
Neville does become seriously hot in the films.
TOM RIDDLE... OR OLIVER WOOD. I agree with the Harry Lloyd comment, delicioussssssssssssss! :tongue:
In all seriousness-a dustbin man-well a dustbin woman in my case.
Whenever I saw anyone doing something that looked remotely cool I wanted to do it too. I was so easily influenced as a kid

air hostess
one of the spice girls
primary school teacher
model
actress
NASA scientist
female version of James Bond
fashion designer

then I decided on one aspiration - that I wanted to be a doctor.
Reply 184
I believe at one point I said I wanted to be a taxi driver. As you can tell I had such high aspirations for myself... :wink:
Reply 185
Ones I can remember from when I was at primary school

Dancer
Designer of dance costumes
Magazine editor
Comic book artist

I've ended up training to be a solicitor
I think I wanted to be everything at one point in my life. The main ones have been: A Fashion Designer, A teacher, A lawyer, an architect, a journalist...

Now I clearly don't have a clue what I want to be. I want to work in Politics but I don't *actually* want to be a politician...
Reply 187
Astronaut or a pilot
Reply 188
Doctor, then got older and found out how hard the job actualy is.
I remember wanting to be an author. Maybe I ought to try and get back into creative writing again? :smile:
Reply 190
- Pilot
- Doctor
- Strategy Consultant/Businessman

How times change..:moon:
Ha! This questions reminds me of a story that makes me laugh...

Serving on a suermarket till, a little girl was watching everything beep through, giving an accompanying 'beep' everytime.

She stopped to announce to anyone listening "I want to work on a till when I grow up"

I said to her "well I wanted to be a rock star love, but it doesn't always work out"

Maybe in a few years time her ambitions might have hit dizzier heights than working on a till...! :biggrin:
Original post by lizolove
Don't knock the last one, me too! From about six or something silly. I was an aspiring child, but carried on and hopefully will be one in a few years. :smile:

Butterfly, how cute!

Yeah mine was about that age, grew out of it fortunately because i discovered the delights of drama :L
I always wanted to be a ballet dancer, too bad I have no coordination though :L I think I also wanted to be a cake maker :smile:
A Chef
Professional skateboarder (even though I never learnt to properly ride one)
A rock star
Author
An MI5 secret agent :cool:

*sigh* How one's childhood hopes and dreams are so quickly crushed when reality kicks in during the teenage years.
Reply 195
Original post by lalalallaa
Yeah mine was about that age, grew out of it fortunately because i discovered the delights of drama :L

Haha. Not because you discovered it was impossible or anything... :tongue:
Reply 196
Original post by Lizzeraptor
I always wanted to be a ballet dancer, too bad I have no coordination though :L I think I also wanted to be a cake maker :smile:

A cake maker would be immense! I'm not creative enough! :frown:
Reply 197
Original post by Rock_and_roll
A Chef
Professional skateboarder (even though I never learnt to properly ride one)
A rock star
Author
An MI5 secret agent :cool:

*sigh* How one's childhood hopes and dreams are so quickly crushed when reality kicks in during the teenage years.

Hahahahaa. Those times when you discover it's impossible to be a ninja and so on. :frown:
Reply 198
A fireman, would be one but my eyesight isn't good enough.
Original post by lizolove
Haha. Not because you discovered it was impossible or anything... :tongue:

nope ;P
still holding out on the butterfly dream though :L

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending