The Student Room Group

What did you aspire to be when you were young?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 280
An artist
An Ancient Egyptian (used to be obsessed after learning about them in school).
A science teacher
Reply 281
Paleontologist, a Spy, an Archaeologist, a Historian, and an Astronaut :yep:
Reply 282
Original post by Dux_Helvetica
Nope not at all. But yeah now I'm studying politics so my life didn't exactly go that way!

It never really does! If only there were jobs in Paleontology! :cool:
Reply 283
Original post by aliluvschoc
An artist
An Ancient Egyptian (used to be obsessed after learning about them in school).
A science teacher

I got obsessed about Egyptian history too, it was so cool. I was amazed at the traditions they had like mummification! If only there were lots of jobs in the area!
Reply 284
Ballerina/Doctor/Pilot/Astronaut
:smile:
Reply 285
A Doctor. The closest real job to being a superhero:cool:
Reply 286
A Volcanologist.
Reply 287
All I've ever wanted to be is a doctor ):
At first I wanted to be a police officer, then I wanted to be a paramedic and now for the last few years I've wanted to be a nurse and it looks like I'll be taking a big step towards doing that come September :smile:
I just wanted to be the very best, like no one ever was.
To catch them was my real test, but to train them was my cause.

I wanted to be just like Ash! Then I grew up :'(
I wanted to be a doctor, specifically a surgeon...(probz positive reinforcement from parents) and now I'm studying economics :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
I wanted to be a taxidermist at one point and it went to the extremity of gutting teddy-bears (which actually belonged to my cousin) of their stuffing and replacing it with different wool :colone:

I remember my mam asking why I always took so long to shower. I never told her I'd clean the bath pretending I was Cinderella slaving away all day, waiting for Prince Charming or whoever :yep:

Another included a mermaid and I would subsequently wander around the house, wiggling my ar*e in a poor imitation of swimming :cool:
Reply 292
after watching Bad boys 2..

Thats right, I wanted to be a fireman..
Reply 293
Original post by Mero8
A Doctor. The closest real job to being a superhero:cool:

Very true!
Reply 294
Original post by Hood_Man
A Volcanologist.

That certainly is a strange aspiration! Never heard that one. Do you still want to be? :confused: :smile:
Reply 295
Original post by minsat
All I've ever wanted to be is a doctor ):

Fair enough! What about when you were REALLY young? Or did you want to be a doctor from a really early age? :smile:
Reply 296
Original post by Sagacious
I just wanted to be the very best, like no one ever was.
To catch them was my real test, but to train them was my cause.

I wanted to be just like Ash! Then I grew up :'(

I wanted to be an actual Pokemon. God, how times haven't changed...
When I realised it wasn't possible, that's when my heart was ripped out... )":
Reply 297
Original post by SimplyEccentric
I wanted to be a taxidermist at one point and it went to the extremity of gutting teddy-bears (which actually belonged to my cousin) of their stuffing and replacing it with different wool :colone:

I remember my mam asking why I always took so long to shower. I never told her I'd clean the bath pretending I was Cinderella slaving away all day, waiting for Prince Charming or whoever :yep:

Another included a mermaid and I would subsequently wander around the house, wiggling my ar*e in a poor imitation of swimming :cool:

No offence, but after reading this, I feel like I was a less strange child. (':
THIS IS EPIC!
I bet your mum was chuffed too, having you clean out the bath so often. (':
You sound like you were such a cute child, bless! I wish none of us had to focus on growing up, and these aspirations were possible. Being a mermaid would be so cool.
As for a taxidermist, maybe not for me. :tongue:
Reply 298
Original post by miss_sexy
I wanted to be a doctor, specifically a surgeon...(probz positive reinforcement from parents) and now I'm studying economics :smile:

Times change! Economics is a really respectable field though, so kudos!
Reply 299
Original post by KingGoonIan
At first I wanted to be a police officer, then I wanted to be a paramedic and now for the last few years I've wanted to be a nurse and it looks like I'll be taking a big step towards doing that come September :smile:

Congratulations! I hope it works out for you. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending