The Student Room Group

Cumbria PGCE interview

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Bookworm-89
I got on to the course! It was a conditional offer, but just saying I had to show my certificates and pass a crb check before september... did anyone else get this offer?

I also did- Yippeeeee (Thank God) I'm just so relieved. Where about were you sat?
Can I also say a big thanks to everyone that assisted me with my query. I really appreciate it. :biggrin: xxx
Haha erm I was the one who walked in slightly late with the big book I made... Which one was you :P x
Reply 42
Original post by Bookworm-89
Haha erm I was the one who walked in slightly late with the big book I made... Which one was you :P x

Lol!!! The one that was sat next to you- it was only me and you that were the only girls sat on the table. Well done u.
I was sooo nervous, wasnt relaxed at all.
Haha Oh My God! I am SO made up YOU got on the course too :biggrin: See! You were such a wreck and it paid off!!! I wonder who else from that day got onto the course?!
Original post by core02890
No not yet, I have loads of friend who were there this year and have some lovely cheap houses and great locations. I am also waiting to hear back from a university back home to see if I'v got into pgce primary here... Won't know u til late April so no point in getting a house until I know. I also know a few people who have got on the course so we'll look into somewhere to stay, where are u from?

I am from middlesbrough. So I will be moving to carlisl. A lot of people it seems are applying through the university for accommodation but my friend that has just finished the course advised me it is best to be in a house with people on pgce courses as everyone will have the same work load and its sometimes nice to rant with people who are in the same boat. Accomodation cannot always guarentee you will be other post graduate students so I don't want to leave it too late. X
Hi, If anyone is onto the General Primary PGCE at Lancaster, and your on faceybook, please feel free to search and join this group :smile:
Primary PGCE 2012/13 - University of Cumbria, Lancaster Campus
Hello!

I've just got an offer for General Primary in Carlisle :biggrin:

Would be great to hear from anyone else starting in September... core02890 and Greenwood_R I've seen your names above, well done!

Happy to try and help anyone else panicking about interviews, but I think I was one of the last, and can't really remember what I said :s

Good luck/congratulations to everyone :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Congratulations :smile: I can't wait for september now. xx
Reply 48
Have you guys heard anything else from the university, apart from the crb form they sent to us? still havent even looked at accomodation yet... where are you from me myself and I?

by the way my name's Gerard lol thought it was a bit rude not introducing my name and you guys only know me by core02890 lol
(edited 12 years ago)
I have not heard anything either, I am a little worried about accomodation if I am honest, my name is Rachael by the way.
Reply 50
That's good lol. Well I'm moving over with a girl from my uni, she was a year below me and from the Belfast. Im still waiting to see if I'v got into uni back home will probably know some time this week. I do know that a girl who was on the course last year lived in halls and didn't like it.
Yeah I don't fancy being in halls if I am honest. I am going to try and get in touch with someone on the same course who also is looking for accomodation. A lot of people are still waiting to hear so just going to wait and see :smile:
I haven't heard anything yet... Not even a CRB form, but on my offer letter it said they'd be in touch in early summer...

I'm Emily, btw, and will be living at home to save money! I can try and help with what parts of Carlisle are nice though, I know the area well :smile:
Reply 53
hey guys im starting the PGCE at Lancaster campus this September. Has anyone heard anything...
I have just preplied to my offer via gttr ages ago and my offer was conditional. When i rang they said just crb checks but nothings come through the post?
Plus has any sorted finance out yet??
Hi LWB, I have not sorted out student finance yet, but we have until the 29th June to do it. Everyone recieved a conditional, as everyone needs to pass a crb check and the health check and also they need to check our certificates, but as long you don't have more conditions your good to go. When we go to the welcome day, in June, I think they check everything then! Other than that form we had to send back when we recieved our interview scores, I havn't recieved anything else either :smile: I am also on the pgce primary at lancaster:smile: congrats!
Reply 55
sorry what was the form regarding that we had to send back?
It was related to GTC Registration.
Reply 57
ok i just remember filling in something to do with crb check and sending it back to the address it came from. Other than that i have not heard anything. Feeling really excited now.

My names Laura
Bex :smile: Lol it does seem like ages ago! When did you have your interview? If you want to, there is a facebook you can join - just search 'primary pgce 2012/13 - university of cumbria, lancaster campus :smile: there are three so far!
Hi everyone. I'm a late interviewer as mine is on May 16th. Could anyone give me any advice as i'm really nervous :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending