The Student Room Group

Should I retake some science moduels to get 2 A*s?

Hey :smile:

I'm a year 11 student doing 9.5 GCSEs. As seeing I've already messed two up and can't get an A* in either of those, I really need two 2*s for dual science.
Currently, I'm on B core and B additional and am waiting for my re-sit results(coming out next month on the 19th).
I know that I've done pretty badly in some of those so I'll definitely need to re-take some again!! I would say about 8 re-sits..:l
I'm really determined to work hard for these moduels. I'm taking Maths, English Lit and Lang, Dual science, Art, Geog, History and Drama. I've only got Geog and History that needs major major revising.
I know 8 resits sounds ridiclous but do you think if I revise *dead* hard, I'll be able to achive those grades?
Thank you.:biggrin:

..also, 360/400 for an A*? Seriously?!:woo:
Don't retake GCSEs. If it were A levels, it might be worth it.
Original post by Kim07
Hey :smile:

I'm a year 11 student doing 9.5 GCSEs. As seeing I've already messed two up and can't get an A* in either of those, I really need two 2*s for dual science.
Currently, I'm on B core and B additional and am waiting for my re-sit results(coming out next month on the 19th).
I know that I've done pretty badly in some of those so I'll definitely need to re-take some again!! I would say about 8 re-sits..:l
I'm really determined to work hard for these moduels. I'm taking Maths, English Lit and Lang, Dual science, Art, Geog, History and Drama. I've only got Geog and History that needs major major revising.
I know 8 resits sounds ridiclous but do you think if I revise *dead* hard, I'll be able to achive those grades?
Thank you.:biggrin:

..also, 360/400 for an A*? Seriously?!:woo:

8 resits on top of your other exams? How many would that give you in total? If you think you can handle the pressure, and you're prepared to work for them, then go ahead :smile:

And 360/400 is 90%, which is the boundary for an A* grade.
Reply 3
If I were you ide give it a shot. Your highest mark counts anyway and uve already done the syllabus, just do a few past papers :smile:
Good Luck

Quick Reply

Latest