The Student Room Group

What do I include on my CV considering I have no proper work experience?

I am in search of a job as I have a gap year ahead of me also.

Can someone help me as to how I'd structure my CV etc.
I've never had a job but I've done work experience at a hospital and carehome for 2 weeks each but I don't think that's relevant:confused: + I'm a volunteer at the local hospital and used to volunteer at a child contact centre but again I don't see how I can include this:confused:

I just don't know how to even look for a job:frown:

If anyone knows of any retail related job vacancies in the Birmingham City Centre area, please let me know :smile:
Thank-you xx
I'm just so confused:confused::s-smilie:
(edited 11 years ago)
Include that you volunteered at a Local Hospital and at the Child Contact Centre. Do it. There's nothing wrong with including that.
It's better that nothing. Even I've put stuff similar even though I've previously worked in retail. It really will help.

Include if you've helped with any school/uni activities too in the activities part of your CV if you have that available, basically anything that is relevant to job working skills - Communication, skills like working in a team, or if you have any valuable IT skills/languages etc.

Linked In and Monster are good websites to look for vacancies, and look on the shopping centre websites for job vacancies.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending