The Student Room Group

lack of facebook profile = psychopath now... a daily mail classic

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Why do people still read Daily Mail? Such a compilation of ****.
Reply 2

Oh dear Lord :lol: what a bloody farce!

Although to be fair to them, they didn't say not being on Facebook causes cancer. They're growing up.
Mark Zuckerburg obviously wrote that
Reply 4
I think you'll find the people who don't sign up for Facebook are the sane ones.
It could be one of those cases of "most people without a facebook aren't mass murderers, but most mass murderers don't have a facebook"
Original post by PurpleEyes
Oh dear Lord :lol: what a bloody farce!

Although to be fair to them, they didn't say not being on Facebook causes cancer. They're growing up.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-1149207/How-using-Facebook-raise-risk-cancer.html

:smile:
Reply 8
i dont have a facebook
Reply 9

Oh my word, what a gem that is :teehee:

Social networking reduces levels of the hormone known as 'the cuddle chemical'. We'll all get cancer if we don't hug each other? If that's not science I have to believe in right away, I don't know what is.
I dont have facebook, all the people i want to talk to i have on my phone so i text them lol i never understood the hype over fb. My friends tried sooo hard to convince me to make one but i didnt bother. Does that make me a psychopath lol
Reply 11
What a load of tosh! Daily Fail!
Original post by whyumadtho
:rofl2: Oh dear.

Original post by PurpleEyes
Oh my word, what a gem that is :teehee:

Social networking reduces levels of the hormone known as 'the cuddle chemical'. We'll all get cancer if we don't hug each other? If that's not science I have to believe in right away, I don't know what is.

It's wonderful, isn't it? Sometimes I have to check that I'm not on a parody site.

Here's everything else you need to avoid.

Don't worry though, you can tackle all these terrible cancer-causing things with garlic, wine, yoghurt and shark blood!
Reply 13
Oh god.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1310230/Facebook-users-narcissistic-insecure-low-self-esteem.html

According to the Daily Fail, if you use it you're 'insecure, narcissistic and have low self-esteem' and if you don't you're a psychopath. Humanity is ****ed.
Reply 15
Original post by g_star_raw_1989

According to the Daily Fail, if you use it you're 'insecure, narcissistic and have low self-esteem' and if you don't you're a psychopath.

Assuming they're referring to people who post status after status after status, they've probably got a point in terms of the self esteem thing. For people who maybe update their status or post a photo once every 2 months or so, however, this point is both invalid and retarded.

As for the psychopath thing - yes, statistically it's probably true that Facebook use among psychopaths is far lower than for average people, but of course there are going to be psychopaths with Facebook accounts. Just the Daily Mail once again being retarded and portraying everything to be black and white...
Original post by mc1000
Assuming they're referring to people who post status after status after status, they've probably got a point in terms of the self esteem thing. For people who maybe update their status or post a photo once every 2 months or so, however, this point is both invalid and retarded.

As for the psychopath thing - yes, statistically it's probably true that Facebook use among psychopaths is far lower than for average people, but of course there are going to be psychopaths with Facebook accounts. Just the Daily Mail once again being retarded and portraying everything to be black and white...

I wouldn't mind if they showed that. They have an amazing sample of two (Breivik and Holmes), both of whom were active on other sites. Breivik being on myspace, which is just the crappy version of facebook! The whole thing reads like an advert for facebook. "Hey, MySpace users can totally become mass murderers. Get Facebook today! The only web-based social network scientifically proven from two case studies to reduce the inclination to shoot innocent victims!"

Daily Mail is being retarded and portraying everything as black and white, I do quite agree. They are also picking up on inconsequential things and blasting them into massive things. I wonder if both of those killers used youtube? Maybe they used a different search engine to google. What are their feelings on banana milkshakes? Find anything that they both do, and that is totally a contributing factor.

In other news, both Hitler and Stalin had moustaches.
BREAKING NEWS: Daily Mail is full of s.

Daily Mail's two case studies is reduced to one. I have searched through Breivik's manifesto to give you these wonderful quotes.

4 page
one of my former 7000 patriotic Facebook friends or you are the friend of one of my FB friends.

662 page
I have aprox. 2500 Facebook contacts at the moment. Whenever I put up a new story (usually involving the current suicide of Europe) I get many comments. My general rule is to delete all posts containing naughty words

734 page
As you might already know I have used Facebook to build my network of like minded individuals. During this process I have targeted and reviewed multiple right wing pan-European/international FB groups

735 page
Germany is helpless and unable to defend itself culturally. My 2 year Facebook study proves that the above indications are correct [...] found approximately 50 significant patriotic British Facebook groups and 40 French groups but I only managed to find less than 10 German groups even with the assistance of my patriotic German Facebook contacts.

1265 page
The individual mapping of cultural Marxist/multiculturalist category A and B traitors through Facebook cooperation should be a prioritised task.

(After the above, he goes on to list 'patriotic facebook groups' by size and country, such as EDL.)
1416 2009 page / Diary from December
I’ve now worked with email farming for two months. God, I wouldn’t have imagined it was going to be this f…… boring : D I’m using Facebook to target various nationalist related groups and inviting every single member. I’ve managed to farm approximately 1700 email addresses this way.

There were many more references, but I think this number of quotes is sufficient enough to call DM out on their bs; Breivik was a facebook user. A hardcore facebook user.

So the evidence that DM gives for 'no facebook = mass murderer' is one murderer from Adult Friend Finder, and another murderer from Myspace and Facebook.
I expect all the DM would see from this is the possibility to update the story to 'being on web-based social networks increases likelihood of being a mass murderer'. :lol:
(edited 11 years ago)
I can see where they are coming from, I mean, Hitler didn't have a facebook I believe.

Dear me.
Reply 19
"'Is not joining Facebook a sign you're a psychopath?' Daily Mail investigates..."

Would've made a good joke. The fact that it's not an exaggeration is disturbing.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending