The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
IZZY!
On Tuesday 11th of March, I am going for a cambridge trip among another top ability students from my borough. Each school in my Borough sends 5 pupils. I am happy, but not very mych as I would be happy when I get an offer.

yes..
What are you going to do?
Reply 3
hitchhiker_13
What are you going to do?

study medicine. I am working hard on my GCSEs now, hoping to get lots of A*s
No I mean on the 11th of March.
Reply 5
hitchhiker_13
No I mean on the 11th of March.

actually they will explain us( students)everything about cambridge and then there will be some competition between students, something like that. I don't knwo exactly
make sure you go to fudge shop.

MB
musicboy
make sure you go to fudge shop.

MB

I was in Cambridge last week and I went to the fudge shop.
Mmmm, lovely!
I got chocolate and begian chocolate swirl. The woman working there was so nice, she gave me like a loyalty card thing even though I'm not a student. One more purchase and I get a free bit! Pity I'm not there any more...I'll have to go to an open day in the summer or something just to get some fudge.
IZZY!
On Tuesday 11th of March, I am going for a cambridge trip among another top ability students from my borough. Each school in my Borough sends 5 pupils. I am happy, but not very mych as I would be happy when I get an offer.

Izzy, I'm sorry but I have to say this
You are possibly the most annoying person posting on here. Please go away and come back when you've done your GCSEs.
Reply 9
crana
You are possibly the most annoying person posting on here. Please go away and come back when you've done your GCSEs.

That's quite rude. I'm sure I felt exactly the same way as her when I was doing my GCSEs.
Reply 10
Alex_R
That's quite rude. I'm sure I felt exactly the same way as her when I was doing my GCSEs.

Really? I didn't decide I wanted to come to Cambridge until July of L6th! I sort of thought about it before, but didn't believe I'd get in, and then Medlink really put me off. It's only when I came up to visit that I fell in love with the place. I really think that beginning to obsess this young, like Izzy is, is not good.
Reply 11
I agree with Helenia. Threadstarter already seems to have this "When I goto Cambridge .." buzz in her head, can only lead to insecurity and anguish during GCSEs and ASes and interview etc which will ultimately undermine her when (s)he needs a more open, flexible approach to be successful.
Reply 12
Helenia
Really? I didn't decide I wanted to come to Cambridge until July of L6th! I sort of thought about it before, but didn't believe I'd get in, and then Medlink really put me off. It's only when I came up to visit that I fell in love with the place. I really think that beginning to obsess this young, like Izzy is, is not good.

No, I was quite obsessed (well fairly, and in a good way) and its not done me any harm, wel except for that manic stare and twitch.

Are you revising you MSOC and ISBM at the moment Helen - its grinding me down :frown:
Reply 13
Alex_R
No, I was quite obsessed (well fairly, and in a good way) and its not done me any harm, wel except for that manic stare and twitch.

Are you revising you MSOC and ISBM at the moment Helen - its grinding me down :frown:

Not right now, am having a life crisis with my old friends on MSN. Can't do MSOC, gonna fail. I watched Finding Nemo in our last supervision. (our supervisor's daughter was in the room and had it on, and it kept distracting me) Not so worried about ISBM.

I wasn't obsessed really, which is good, otherwise being the person I am, I'd have driven myself into the ground with it. Then probably have got rejected and spent my life bitter at the place :wink:
Helenia
Not right now, am having a life crisis with my old friends on MSN. Can't do MSOC, gonna fail. I watched Finding Nemo in our last supervision. (our supervisor's daughter was in the room and had it on, and it kept distracting me) Not so worried about ISBM.

I wasn't obsessed really, which is good, otherwise being the person I am, I'd have driven myself into the ground with it. Then probably have got rejected and spent my life bitter at the place :wink:

Medsoc - have you read the book. If you have then you're fine, if you haven't then write down common sense stuff and you'll be fine. If you can't write common sense stuff, write in plain, grammatically-correct English and you'll be fine. If you can't do that then you're screwed.

Good luck
crana

I have to admit that crana is right. You must remember that however talented you are there is no guarentee of getting into cam so it is not worth worrying about. In the greater scheme of things it won't really effect you life whether you go to cam or any other russell group. You really shouldn't be thinking about it this early cos it will just upset you more if you don't get in.

MB
Reply 16
DanMushMan
Medsoc - have you read the book. If you have then you're fine, if you haven't then write down common sense stuff and you'll be fine. If you can't write common sense stuff, write in plain, grammatically-correct English and you'll be fine. If you can't do that then you're screwed.

Good luck

Unfortunately that's not true for this year - it's essays rather than your fill in the blanks thing. I've read Scambler summaries, not the whole book as the bastards have taken every copy out of the library (besides, it is fairly hefty!). I just need to do the CAL modules now, and actually learn a few facts rather than just waffle. Tis a little stressful, but not as much as next term, I'm sure!
IZZY!

Oh god will you just stop these stupid Oxbridge threads! You've just turned fifteen and you wont be applying to uni until like 2006! Don't you know the statistics? Like 3/4 of the people who apply and a lot with A* don't get in, so don't assume you will! Just give it a rest, please.
Helenia
Unfortunately that's not true for this year - it's essays rather than your fill in the blanks thing. I've read Scambler summaries, not the whole book as the bastards have taken every copy out of the library (besides, it is fairly hefty!). I just need to do the CAL modules now, and actually learn a few facts rather than just waffle. Tis a little stressful, but not as much as next term, I'm sure!

i was referring to essays.
Reply 19
happysunshine
Oh god will you just stop these stupid Oxbridge threads! You've just turned fifteen and you wont be applying to uni until like 2006! Don't you know the statistics? Like 3/4 of the people who apply and a lot with A* don't get in, so don't assume you will! Just give it a rest, please.

Oh, don't disillusion the poor little kid... Seriously, it's good to be ambitious, but people have to be careful that this doesn't turn into obsession. While doing GCSEs you really can't tell yet what is going to happen between now and going to university. Also, the threadstarter might not have engaged with many issues, including courses that other universities have to offer as well as how hard the Oxbridge application procedure seems to be (and there is absolutely no reason why they should have engaged with this in depth at this point in time).

Latest

Trending

Trending