The Student Room Group
University of York
York

University of York Firmers 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1180
Original post by JollyGreenAtheist
That's a shame. It would have been cool to meet someone else from Waltham Forest.

All the same, I wish you all the best in whatever you do. Manchester is a cracking university which a lot of friends are going to. I'm sure you'll have a smashing time :smile:!

We'll see. The only thing is graduate prospects and contact hours everything else York is better at. :/
University of York
York
Original post by senz72
Looks like I won't be at York next year. :frown:

Having doubts about Manchester though! :frown:

Awww. :console: I'm sure you'll feel more confident with your decision soon.
Original post by senz72
We'll see. The only thing is graduate prospects and contact hours everything else York is better at. :/

Manchester has a great deal going for it which York doesn't, and vice versa. It's probably a matter of splitting hairs in a lot of cases, but university is probably whatever you make of it. I wouldn't worry myself too much about minor differences and go wherever makes you happy :smile:.
For what it's worth, if there's any demand at all for some kind of York Firmers facebook page, I'd be more than happy to set it up :smile:
Guys, do you think I'd be a good subject mentor? I'm struggling to decide if I should apply or not. Also, would I be a good STYC (Second and Third Year Contact)?
Reply 1185
For what it's worth, if there's any demand at all for some kind of York Firmers facebook page, I'd be more than happy to set it up :smile:

that would be great :smile: looking forward to get to know some people before moving to the UK and York in particular :biggrin:
Original post by MarinaBS
that would be great :smile: looking forward to get to know some people before moving to the UK and York in particular :biggrin:

Alright, cool. I'll get it on it today :smile:. It'll be ridiculously awkward if I make the page and miss my offer, hahaha. I'll swallow my pride.

Where are you moving from?
Original post by Holby_fanatic
Guys, do you think I'd be a good subject mentor? I'm struggling to decide if I should apply or not. Also, would I be a good STYC (Second and Third Year Contact)?

You've almost single-handedly managed every York applicants qualms and queries over the past month, so I'd say you've be a bloody excellent contact or mentor.
Reply 1188
Original post by Holby_fanatic

You'd be an epic subject mentor. Go for it!

I'd also recommend applying for head of York's Student Union or Student Body President, if there are things like that. :smile:
Reply 1189
Alright, cool. I'll get it on it today :smile:. It'll be ridiculously awkward if I make the page and miss my offer, hahaha. I'll swallow my pride.

Where are you moving from?

haha that's true.

south of Germany :smile:
haha that's true.

south of Germany :smile:

Oh wow, that must be quite the culture change. Have you been to the UK before?
You've almost single-handedly managed every York applicants qualms and queries over the past month, so I'd say you've be a bloody excellent contact or mentor.

Original post by senz72
You'd be an epic subject mentor. Go for it!

I'd also recommend applying for head of York's Student Union or Student Body President, if there are things like that. :smile:

Awww thank you! You've both given me the motivation to apply now so thank you. :h:
Reply 1192
Oh wow, that must be quite the culture change. Have you been to the UK before?

I'm quite used to drastic cultural changes :smile: but I had a huuuge debate with a British friend the other day about what I am allowed to call tea. :biggrin: so I guess it's gonna be interesting...

ah, maybe 10 days in total :colondollar:
I'm quite used to drastic cultural changes :smile: but I had a huuuge debate with a British friend the other day about what I am allowed to call tea. :biggrin: so I guess it's gonna be interesting...

ah, maybe 10 days in total :colondollar:

Oh cool. I don't think you could move to a prettier place than York, really. Hope you have a wonderful time :smile:.
Reply 1194
Oh cool. I don't think you could move to a prettier place than York, really. Hope you have a wonderful time :smile:.

Yeah, I loved it there when I visited back in April. Thanks. Maybe we'll see each other around :smile:
Yeah, I loved it there when I visited back in April. Thanks. Maybe we'll see each other around :smile:

Maybe, haha. I'll get about setting up that page at some point today anyway. Not sure how many people will join it, though. I'll look like a bit of a loser if I set up a university page and I'm the only one in it.
Reply 1196
Maybe, haha. I'll get about setting up that page at some point today anyway. Not sure how many people will join it, though. I'll look like a bit of a loser if I set up a university page and I'm the only one in it.

haha. but if you're the only one who's in it nobody will know anyway :cool:
haha. but if you're the only one who's in it nobody will know anyway :cool:

True, but I'd have to make it public so people could join. Then, all my friends would see me on my lonesome :frown:
True, but I'd have to make it public so people could join. Then, all my friends would see me on my lonesome :frown:

Can I join?! I want to be even more nosy and stalk all of you! :colone:
Reply 1199

Ah, I didn't think of that. :wink: but don't worry, I'll join. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending