The Student Room Group
At the Student's Union
University of Wolverhampton
Wolverhampton
Visit website

Wolverhampton uni - anyone else?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jody02
hey everyone. I'll be starting a social work degree in Wolverhampton uni this september. none of my home friends are coming here as well so I gotta start talking to future freshers. Is anyone else sure they're going to Wolverhampton uni? and if so what course are doing

I think I'll be staying in Victoria Halls. Who else is staying there?

What are you most looking forward to about going to uni? apart from the education (obviously) lol

Have you looked at Chambers 51 in Wolverhampton?
I'm starting at wolves uni in September and recently moved to chambers and i love it here
At the Student's Union
University of Wolverhampton
Wolverhampton
Visit website
Reply 61
Hey guys, I'm starting at Wolverhampton in Sept too, studying Health Studies (like you hun i.e Josh)
This is my second attempt at University, but this time round I'll be doing a much easier degree :-) should be fun! Hope your all excited, not long now!
Stace x
Reply 62
I'm not sure about doing a degree a Wolverhampton. I heard the areas full of chavs as is the university itself :frown:
Original post by Serenade
I'm not sure about doing a degree a Wolverhampton. I heard the areas full of chavs as is the university itself :frown:

I heard exactly the same and felt exactly the same as you. However I have been to two open days and stayed overnight in the town. There is chavs, but honestly what town doesn't have chavs? It is no way near as bad as I had expected and I actually liked it! I think you need to make your own judgement of the place rather than just go by what you have heard off other people. Their idea of a good place could be entirely different to your own!
Original post by Serenade

I've just finished my first year and found the uni to be filled with a mixed group of people, if you've been to the open days then you'll have seen the type of people applying who could be in your class so I would judge it on what you've seen and not heard.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 65
I'm definitely going to Wolverhampton and I'm studying marketing management:smile: staying in city campus halls, but I think I'm in Randall lines too :frown: hopefully we'll bump into each other because I'm starting without knowing anyone too!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 66
Hey guys

I am starting at Wolverhampton in September, going to be studying Criminology and Criminal Justice. I will be staying on City Campus, just looking to meet some people before I go there as I dont know anyone!

Really excited about Freshers week, but nervous too haha!
Reply 67
I feel exactly the same way! Excited but nervous :smile: would be cool to get to know you before uni starts since we're staying on the same campus :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey there guys, I'm starting in September too and yeah pretty nervous haha. Studying animal behaviour and I should be staying on city campus. Just wanna meet some new people before starting and make some new friends, make the transition to uni a bit easier for me
Im starting my Politics and History course in September! Although I seem to be the only one staying in Randall lines. Anyone staying there?
Reply 70
Original post by LauraB4
Hey guys

I am starting at Wolverhampton in September, going to be studying Criminology and Criminal Justice. I will be staying on City Campus, just looking to meet some people before I go there as I dont know anyone!

Really excited about Freshers week, but nervous too haha!

Hey Laura, it wont let me reply to your message for some reason it says it has been flagged as spam.. :frown:
Reply 71
Original post by RossMay1
Hey Laura, it wont let me reply to your message for some reason it says it has been flagged as spam.. :frown:

Ahh thats strange, no worries then. So are you staying on city campus, in ensuite accommodation?
Reply 72
Original post by LauraB4
Ahh thats strange, no worries then. So are you staying on city campus, in ensuite accommodation?

I'm staying on city campus yes but in the economy accommodation sharing with 11 others haha. Not seen anybody else who is going to be staying there yet though :frown: ensuite accommodation sounds like its going to be real nice :tongue:
Reply 73
Original post by RossMay1
I'm staying on city campus yes but in the economy accommodation sharing with 11 others haha. Not seen anybody else who is going to be staying there yet though :frown: ensuite accommodation sounds like its going to be real nice :tongue:

Ahh right, I know most people on here seem to be staying in the ensuite accommodation. Im sure it will be alright, jus depends how tidy you like to be :P
Reply 74
Freshers Week is out!! :smile: Night time events anyway. Excited much! Looks amazing.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey I am starting in september too :smile: I am going to be studying Pharmaceutical Science and staying in victoria halls :P what date are you all moving in?
Reply 76
Original post by X-little-mel-X
Hey I am starting in september too :smile: I am going to be studying Pharmaceutical Science and staying in victoria halls :P what date are you all moving in?

hey. I'll be moving on on the first day cause I don't want to miss anything. so much to do. when are you thinking of moving in?
Original post by jody02
hey. I'll be moving on on the first day cause I don't want to miss anything. so much to do. when are you thinking of moving in?

I am not sure as my move in date given by victoria halls is the 8th of september but freshers doesn't start until the 13th, so might move my stuff in and then go home for a few days before I move in completly
Reply 78
Original post by X-little-mel-X
I am not sure as my move in date given by victoria halls is the 8th of september but freshers doesn't start until the 13th, so might move my stuff in and then go home for a few days before I move in completly

yeh victoria hall opens early. or you could move in a day before the official freshers start. get your stuff packed out and sort out your room. then the next day kick start your freshers when everything is sorted. : D
Reply 79
freshers starts officially on the 17th because the majority of students will be moving into halls on the 15th

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending