The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

LUU Taekwon-Do (LUU Martial Arts)

Hi everyone,

I'm just wondering if anyone is currently attending the Leeds University Union TKD club, or is thinking of joining in September 2013?

I'm hopefully going to be studying at Leeds Uni this September, and as an enthusiastic martial artist (currently a 8th Kup yellow belt in ITF TKD, past green belt in Shotokan Karate, and an on-off Wing Chun practitioner, also hoping to one day get into Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu), I was wondering what the club was like etc, including the other martial arts clubs in Leeds.

I'm asking generally because I'm still unsure whether I want to go home and carry on my grading assessments at my local club (I probably will), as I'm pretty loyal to the Blue Dragon club, but the commute would be a pain. But gradings only happen seasonally, anyway.

Do you follow a specific syllabus, or is it mainly just general training?

I am looking at taking up professional sparring at some point, but I also have the want to become a radiographer, so throwing the two together and hoping I can keep them both up will be a struggle in itself! But I'm most definitely willing! TKD is sometimes the only thing that can cheer me up during hard times! :smile:

Thanks in advance, guys!

Quick Reply

Latest