The Student Room Group

Producing Film & Television / Film Distribution and Marketing

Hi,

I have received offers for the MA Producing Film and Television at Bournemouth University and another one for the MA Film Distribution and Marketing at Birmingham City University.

Both courses really interest me, and so I am not sure which one to choose.

I know that Bournemouth University has a strong reputation for media studies and so do BCU, but I am more worried about the Film Distribution and Marketing MA in Birmingham because it is apparently a new course.

Has anyone been to these universities for the same or similar course?

Which of the 2 universities do you think is the best for media/film studies ?

Thanks.

Regards,
Jennifer

I have received offer letters for Producing Film and television program at Bournemouth university and Royal Holloway university of London and have to pay the deposit to secure my place but I feel bit confused on which one to go for. Royal Holloway has the advantage of being located close to London and having an amicable study environment but I get a feeling that the program has more of theory portion and less of exercises..like the final assessment is based on a dissertation. Bournemouth appears to have relatively more practical sections and there is a choice of being involved in a production project in the end. I have also received a small fee reduction of 2000 Pounds in the form of scholarship at BU and the cost of stay appears lesser there. Plus I believe BU Producing program is accredited by Creative Skillset.

Any opinion? Anybody?

Regards,
Reply 1
Original post by darkazuria
Hi,

I have received offers for the MA Producing Film and Television at Bournemouth University and another one for the MA Film Distribution and Marketing at Birmingham City University.

Both courses really interest me, and so I am not sure which one to choose.

I know that Bournemouth University has a strong reputation for media studies and so do BCU, but I am more worried about the Film Distribution and Marketing MA in Birmingham because it is apparently a new course.

Has anyone been to these universities for the same or similar course?

Which of the 2 universities do you think is the best for media/film studies ?

Thanks.

Regards,
Jennifer

I have received offer letters for Producing Film and television program at Bournemouth university and Royal Holloway university of London and have to pay the deposit to secure my place but I feel bit confused on which one to go for. Royal Holloway has the advantage of being located close to London and having an amicable study environment but I get a feeling that the program has more of theory portion and less of exercises..like the final assessment is based on a dissertation. Bournemouth appears to have relatively more practical sections and there is a choice of being involved in a production project in the end. I have also received a small fee reduction of 2000 Pounds in the form of scholarship at BU and the cost of stay appears lesser there. Plus I believe BU Producing program is accredited by Creative Skillset.

Any opinion? Anybody?

Regards,

Personally, I'd go for Film Distribution & Marketing, if you want to be an independent producer (as I do :smile: ), then in-depth knowledge of the business side of the film industry would be crucial. Then again, the Bournemouth course may have elements of the distribution & marketing side to it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending