The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

What to buy for uni accommodation

Hi,
I have a conditional offer for Leeds (I applied for Devonshire but due to my offer being conditional, I haven't been given accommodation yet). I was just wondering if I get a place and accommodation, do you know what will be provided in the rooms/bathroom/kitchen (e.g. Kitchen utensils)? Will we be given a list of things we need to buy/what is provided before moving in, once our accommodation is confirmed or will we only know once we actually move in?

Thank you :smile:
Hi Kallieee

Thanks for your question - I'm sure this is something that lots of people are thinking about!

After results day, once you've confirmed your place with us you'll be sent out information about your accommodation. Included in this is an 'eIntro', an online accommodation induction, that includes details on what you might like to bring. The list is pretty extensive, and most people don't bring everything.

For your bedroom, you'll need to provide your own bedding (except the mattress, we'll provide that!), towels etc.

In the kitchens, we provide the big stuff (cooker, fridges, freezers, microwaves, kettle), but we don't provide anything like pots/pans/crockery/cutlery.

I'd recommend that you bring a couple of plates and sets of cutlery, and maybe one or two pans, but leave everything else until you get here. Depending on how your flat is set up, you might choose to share items with your flat-mates. When I arrived at my hall in first year, we ended up with 5 sandwich toasters, 5 large frying pans and five 3-piece pan sets!

Your eIntro will outline what is and isn't provided for your specific hall, so I'd recommend waiting until you've had it confirmed before you start buying things :smile:

Amanda
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Quick Reply

Latest