The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hmm, are you an international student? Then you'll find in the international student handbook a list with different ways to get to the halls.
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
From Heathrow?

Piccadilly line to Russell Square (assuming you're not at Nutford). It's direct.
Reply 3
Hmmm, tube with a lot of stuff to take with you?
Reply 4
Yeap i'm an international student with loads of stuff to carry. Yea from heathrow. I wonder why king's dosent have such a service..this is giving me a headache..
Reply 5
Hmm, so other unis do have such a service?
Jammertal
Hmmm, tube with a lot of stuff to take with you?

I did, it's not that hard.
Reply 7
I'll see if I can convince my parents/ one of friends to give me a lift though.
Taxi from Heathrow to central London will be about £60.
Is there no Heathrow express? Stansted has one...
Reply 10
Dschingis
Stansted has one...

Which is sufficient IMO. :p:
hahaha i wish!! From which airport to where? the national express from stanstead is the best. THen take a taxi.
Reply 12
Stephanie
hahaha i wish!! From which airport to where? the national express from stanstead is the best. THen take a taxi.

Better than Stansted express? Well, might be cheaper but how long do you travel from the airport to central London then?
Dschingis
Is there no Heathrow express? Stansted has one...

There is, but that doesn't solve the problem of carrying luggage, and it costs £14 and won't take you directly to the intercollegiates. The tube is a better option.
Reply 14
My friend who is going to queenmary has got direct QM bus service to her school. I've got around 30kg++ to carry, dont think i can manage to get on the tube. Does the heathrow express take us to somewhere near the intercollegiates?
The picadilly line trains from Heathrow generally have extra areas for luggage etc... if you need to carry loads of stuff... perhaps you're bringing too much?
jaydee
My friend who is going to queenmary has got direct QM bus service to her school. I've got around 30kg++ to carry, dont think i can manage to get on the tube. Does the heathrow express take us to somewhere near the intercollegiates?

No, it goes to Paddington, and then you would need to take the tube.

If you can't get your luggage on the tube, how would you be able to get it on the Heathrow Express? :confused:
Jammertal
Better than Stansted express? Well, might be cheaper but how long do you travel from the airport to central London then?

with the national express, from the airport to finchley road (i lived in hampstead in my first year) it took 1hr 15 mins and it was 15 pounds for a return ticket. I took the Nat express because it dropped me 2m away from my halls.
Reply 18
Stephanie
with the national express, from the airport to finchley road (i lived in hampstead in my first year) it took 1hr 15 mins and it was 15 pounds for a return ticket. I took the Nat express because it dropped me 2m away from my halls.

That's of course a big plus.
Reply 19
Oops i thought the heathrow express is a bus...haha didnt know it's a train. I think i gonna take a direct taxi fron e airport then..since ive got so many things to carry..

Latest