The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

me!
it has ducks!!!! hahaha

"The College, housing approximately 1400 boys, is divided into five sections: JUNIOR SCHOOL, LOWER SCHOOL, MIDDLE SCHOOL, UPPER SCHOOL and DUCKS,"

LMFHO...
H&E
You must be trolling! Your profile says your a Duke...and no public schoolboy would make posts like you have. Clearly a wind up merchant

nb in case I'm completely wrong, which public school are you at?

No, he is a public school boy. He just likes bragging to wind people up.
Reply 182
Tek
I wouldn't go anywhere near Dulwich College even if you paid me!

With that statement I will agree. Awful, awful people at Dulwich. Truly terrible

(Given this thread talked about extra-carricular activities, it may interest you to know every single U6th at Dulwich is made a prefect. In this way everyone has it on their reference).
Reply 183
H&E
With that statement I will agree. Awful, awful people at Dulwich. Truly terrible

(Given this thread talked about extra-carricular activities, it may interest you to know every single U6th at Dulwich is made a prefect. In this way everyone has it on their reference).

wats this thing about dulwich btw? :confused:
Reply 184
H&E
You must be trolling! Your profile says your a Duke...and no public schoolboy would make posts like you have. Clearly a wind up merchant

nb in case I'm completely wrong, which public school are you at?
You are slightly wrong. No, I'm not a Duke (that was in fact a reference to "The Fast Show" - "Me, The 13th Duke of Wybourne?...with my reputation?") but I do attend a Public School.
Reply 185
I'm a prefect... what fun :biggrin:
Tek
You are slightly wrong. No, I'm not a Duke (that was in fact a reference to "The Fast Show" - "Me, The 13th Duke of Wybourne?...with my reputation?") but I do attend a Public School.

Tek, you're a man of the world, I would appreciate your help. Please could you clear me up on what the differences are between:

a.) comprehensives
b.) grammars
c.) public schools
d.) private schools
e.) independant schools.
Reply 187
TheWolf
wats this thing about dulwich btw? :confused:

It's just a really awful place full of really awful people.
Reply 188
H&E
It's just a really awful place full of really awful people.

is there where tek goes?
Reply 189
bono
Tek, you're a man of the world, I would appreciate your help. Please could you clear me up on what the differences are between:

a.) comprehensives
b.) grammars
c.) public schools
d.) private schools
e.) independant schools.

Grammars take people who pass the 11+ exam.
Comprehensives take pretty much anyone.
Independent schools are not run by the state.
Public schools are members of the "Headmaster's Council" and you have to pay to go there. Tradtional public schools are Westminster, Eton, etc but there are newer, "private schools" which are young upstart enterprises without the prestigious history of their public counterparts. Technically any school which charges fees is public but there is a historical difference between public and private schools. I'd say that any school founded after 1800 and certainly after 1900 was just private and not public, although I'll accept that's open to interpretation.
Reply 190
TheWolf
is there where tek goes?

Given he said he'd never go anywhere there...
Tek
Grammars take people who pass the 11+ exam.
Comprehensives take pretty much anyone.
Independent schools are not run by the state.
Public schools are members of the "Headmaster's Council" and you have to pay to go there. Tradtional public schools are Westminster, Eton, etc but there are newer, "private schools" which are young upstart enterprises without the prestigious history of their public counterparts. Technically any school which charges fees is public but there is a historical difference between public and private schools. I'd say that any school founded after 1800 and certainly after 1900 was just private and not public, although I'll accept that's open to interpretation.

Cheers, me ol mucker. :wink:
H&E
Given he said he'd never go anywhere there...

Whats wrong with it?

It looks quite posh from that pic.
Reply 193
bono
Cheers, me ol mucker. :wink:
Np.
Reply 194
bono
Whats wrong with it?

It looks quite posh from that pic.

Looks aren't everything - my school, for example, is the second ugliest school in London (behind Trinity School in Croydon).
H&E
Looks aren't everything - my school, for example, is the second ugliest school in London (behind Trinity School in Croydon).

Yes, but what's wrong with it?
deianra
Apparently, I'm meant to answer this.

Yes, yes we are.

Hehe! Wow, our first UKL couple - you two suit btw :tongue:

Invite me to your wedding but I shall only turn up if the photies are going to be in OK!
Reply 197
happysunshine

Invite me to your wedding but I shall only turn up if the photies are going to be in OK!

whos the couple? :cool:
Reply 198
happysunshine

They will most certainly not be...
TheWolf
whos the couple? :cool:

Our masculine comprehensive school boy Tek, and Deianra.

Latest

Trending

Trending