The Student Room Group

Job offer advice!

Hello everyone!

I'm new to TSR and I'm hoping some of you can give me some advice!

In short, I graduated last June with a 1st in Computer Forensics however I am looking for a job in Computer Networking preferably as I find this way more interesting!

Since then I sent out loads of applications with a few interviews in between. I have to admit, I feel fairly lucky having had interviews with some big companies such as BA and Lloyds although unfortunately I got nowhere with them.

I have recently received a job offer and I am unsure as to whether I should accept it. Initially I was not 100% sure as to what the job entailed so I am contacting the company tomorrow to clarify that the job is what I am expecting.

While this may give me full confidence in the role I still have some doubt in my mind as to whether it is what I want. For all I know I could love the job but I'm finding it to be such a difficult decision having received so many rejections or no reply at all.

So basically, do I accept this job or keep looking? Some of my friends have told me to accept it, but considering it will be such a big thing for me (as I will be moving away from home) I want to be fully confident in this job.

I'm sorry for such an essay but its driving me mad :smile:

Thank you!
Reply 1
How can you have received a job offer without knowing what the job is? :confused:
Unfortunately the job description was incredibly vague; while I gained a brief insight on the day of the interview it left me with a few questions which is why I am speaking to the manager tomorrow.

I think the main problem is that I recently had another two interviews which I would have chosen over the job I have received the offer from.

Since I have been rejected from these two I just feel incredibly disappointed and I am concerned that I would just be accepting this job because I am running out of options and I am sick of looking for jobs and attending interviews.

I find it so hard to describe how I feel about this situation, its so confusing!
Reply 3
If it were me, I would accept this job and spend a few months settling in. If after that you don't like it, you can start up applying for jobs again. You'll be in a much stronger position once you're in employment already.
its better to look for a job while employed.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending