The Student Room Group

Optometry Students 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Daisy452
I am so worried , I have predicted A in psychology B in chemistry and B in biology ( may be able to push it into an A). But I have a strong personal statement with a lot of work experience and volunteering etc but I really want to get into manchester. I don't know what to do

If I were you I would try my best to push that prediction up to an A since that would give you AAB which is Manchester's entry requirement.

But even if you can't and you are predicted ABB I would still apply to Manchester since you say you have a strong personal statement with lots of experience!

A friend of mine is applying for law and is predicted ABB he has two offers from the AAB unis he applied to! So it is possible I think just make sure you don't apply unrealistically (e.g ABB predictions and applying to 4 AAB)

That would be my advice :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone else having problems with UCAS? I put in all 5 choices and 4 out of 5 of them had a criminal declarations tick box except for City University London. As a result my application can't be sent off without ticking the non existent box! I even deleted and re entered City as an option and the box still doesn't appear like it did with the other 4. :s
Original post by Amarakosha
Anyone else having problems with UCAS? I put in all 5 choices and 4 out of 5 of them had a criminal declarations tick box except for City University London. As a result my application can't be sent off without ticking the non existent box! I even deleted and re entered City as an option and the box still doesn't appear like it did with the other 4. :s

That's odd. That never happened to me:redface: Try logging out and logging in again. It may be an error?
Original post by akh232323
That's odd. That never happened to me:redface: Try logging out and logging in again. It may be an error?

I've done this multiple times, to no avail. It came up the first time I put the option in a few weeks back and still does it. Hmm :confused:
Original post by Amarakosha
I've done this multiple times, to no avail. It came up the first time I put the option in a few weeks back and still does it. Hmm :confused:

Oh my. Were you planning on sending this today?? Maybe you should email your school telling them the problem? I don't know what UCAS are playing at...:colonhash:
Oh my. Were you planning on sending this today?? Maybe you should email your school telling them the problem? I don't know what UCAS are playing at...:colonhash:

I sent the thing off on Tuesday but my referee sent it back to me today and I explained to her the problem. Hopefully it'll be sorted by sometime next week. Thank you though :smile:
When do Manchester do Their interview s or give an interview
Anyone going to the Bradford applicant open day on Wednesday 10th December?

Posted from TSR Mobile
When did you send off your application, if you don't mind me asking?

Like the 6th of October! X

Posted from TSR Mobile
Posted from TSR Mobile

Are manchester giving out interviews yet ?

Yes they are I think a lot of people have their interviews on the 3rd December
Original post by OneLittleStudent

Yes they are I think a lot of people have their interviews on the 3rd December

Just sent of my ucas , really worried lol
When did people start to get replies .... like yesterday? Does this mean I am going to get rejected
Just got rejected for optom from city :frown:..I've also applied to cardiff and manchester. If city have rejected me then I have no hope at a russell group uni. I want to swap one of these unis for a more realistic one. Should I change cardiff for plymouth or bradford? Which one will be easier to get into with AAD prediction? (D in chem)
Original post by Crystal4
Just got rejected for optom from city :frown:..I've also applied to cardiff and manchester. If city have rejected me then I have no hope at a russell group uni. I want to swap one of these unis for a more realistic one. Should I change cardiff for plymouth or bradford? Which one will be easier to get into with AAD prediction? (D in chem)

none of them are going to be any easier the D in chemistry is going to hold you back

How long did it take for City to respond? I was going to apply there with predicted grades AAC (C in Bio) with hopes that they'd be lenient and give an AAB offer but I'm not so sure now. Have you thought about applying for one of the Ophthalmic Dispensing courses?
I know a D is terrible but I assumed that they would consider overall grades rather than hone in on one grade :frown:...Just need to decide between plymouth and Bradford
Original post by frances98
none of them are going to be any easier the D in chemistry is going to hold you back

Oh my gosh. When did you send off your UCAS and when did they get back to you?? And if its okay, could you tell me what your predicted grades are? Sorry about all the questions:colondollar:
Original post by Petulia
How long did it take for City to respond? I was going to apply there with predicted grades AAC (C in Bio) with hopes that they'd be lenient and give an AAB offer but I'm not so sure now. Have you thought about applying for one of the Ophthalmic Dispensing courses?

It took them a week to respond. They offered me a place on the opthalmic dispensing in the rejection email but the whole dispensing aspect isnt something I'm interested in :frown:
Oh my gosh. When did you send off your UCAS and when did they get back to you?? And if its okay, could you tell me what your predicted grades are? Sorry about all the questions:colondollar:

Sent it off last week and my predicted grades were AAD. I achieved ABBD at AS.

Quick Reply

Latest