The Student Room Group

Optometry Students 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by chickenhaw
Where have u got an offer from?

All but Manchester so far! Bradford and London AAB and Cardiff and Aston AAA! Where have you applied?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Its all about personal preference really. Both lead to good careers

Posted from TSR Mobile

but they say the pharmacy job market is now becoming saturated????
[QUOTE="bethan_aj;52257995"]

All but Manchester so far! Bradford and London AAB and Cardiff and Aston AAA! Where have you applied?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Manchester, Bradford, Anglia Ruskin and Glasgow Caledonian. I wanted to but didn't apply to UCL because I thought my predicted grade of aab wasn't good enough.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Donsharukh
but they say the pharmacy job market is now becoming saturated????

That is true but if you get a first and try hard you can still find a good job in pharmacy. Optometry is the safer option though .

Posted from TSR Mobile
How much work experience have u guys done
How much work experience have u guys done

Iv been to a high street opticians and an eye hospital! What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by bethan_aj
Iv been to a high street opticians and an eye hospital! What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've done work experience in an opticians, hospital, pharmacy and had a job in a locums agency

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by frances98
Just wondering what gcses you people got? I got 1A* (maths) 2A (chem and geog) 7B (bio physics history english lit art german and further maths so not an average B) and a C in english lang. I know that these are passed the requirements but just wondered really and also if these will help hinder my chances

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nope you're all good with those GCSEs, I thought when I applied last year that my C in english lang would put me at a disadvantage, but still manage to get an offer from Aston who wanted a B in English. You'll be fine.
Original post by Simba96
Nope you're all good with those GCSEs, I thought when I applied last year that my C in english lang would put me at a disadvantage, but still manage to get an offer from Aston who wanted a B in English. You'll be fine.

Ah thanks good to know. What did you include in your personal statement if ypu dont mind me asking??
Got my offer from Cardiff yesterday, just Plymouth now!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 790
Anyone going to Bradford's Applicant Day on the 4th of February?
Original post by Razza31
Anyone going to Bradford's Applicant Day on the 4th of February?

I got an offer from Bradford but I haven't been invited to an interview/applicant day. Is that normal?
I got an offer from Bradford but I haven't been invited to an interview/applicant day. Is that normal?

An invite to an applicant day will come in the post in a few days then you log on to your online portal to confirm

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Gabridoodle
Got my offer from Cardiff yesterday, just Plymouth now!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

yes just plymouth now!
[QUOTE="bethan_aj;52257995"]

Posted from TSR Mobile

We applied to the same unis! :biggrin::five:

I applied at the end of November and have only heard back from Manchester, Bradford and City. When did you apply?
And also City gave me AAA and you got AAB :frown:
I want to change one of my uni choices to UCL so i went on the ucas website and clicked on the course i wanted to change and it took me to a page where i can pick a uni/course, so i clicked UCL but when i went to the course bit, there was no optometry option. any help?
I want to change one of my uni choices to UCL so i went on the ucas website and clicked on the course i wanted to change and it took me to a page where i can pick a uni/course, so i clicked UCL but when i went to the course bit, there was no optometry option. any help?

UCL doesn't do Optometry as far as I'm aware. There's a limited number of unis that do the course.
Reply 797
have you already clicked to change the course so you no longer have it? UCL don't do optometry the only university in london is city university.
oh ok thank:smile:. is city university any good?
Reply 799
[QUOTE="sleepisheaven;52299649"]
Original post by bethan_aj

We applied to the same unis! :biggrin::five:

I applied at the end of November and have only heard back from Manchester, Bradford and City. When did you apply?
And also City gave me AAA and you got AAB :frown:

City gave me AAA too! :frown: I think it's to do with whether you have a fourth AS..

Quick Reply

Latest