The Student Room Group

Can I apply to the big 4 if I graduated in 2010?

I’m currently in a job in the financial services sector that I find unfulfilling, and does not have great promotion prospects. Because of this, I’m looking to relaunch my career completely, and apply for Big 4 graduate tax roles next year. Will the fact that I graduated in 2010 and have had 3 years of work experience hold me back, or do firms see this as a positive? I think I have a lot of transferable skills to offer as my roles so far have involved a lot of data analysis and plenty of client contact at FD/FC level with corporations turning over between £50m-1bn. I’ve not seen anything on any of the firms’ websites prohibiting experienced people from applying, but I wanted to see if anyone here knew otherwise.

Thanks in advance!
There is completely nothing against applying for a job 3 years down the line - with your experience it may even work with your favor. I personally would speak to HR first however - your skills may be useful in a tax role at a big four and thus they may take you in as an experienced hire. If not, feel free to apply for the graduate scheme. You won't be disadvantaged I'd imagine.
I've seen several people who had a few years experience after graduation work at my particular Big Four. Nothing that out of the ordinary about it.
If you already have experience and or a qualification, applying as a experienced hire may be the best thing to do. Going on a grad scheme may be a step backwards.
Thanks guys. An experienced hire position is virtually out of the question as I have no accounting/tax experience so it will have to be the graduate route, even if it means I have to take a pay cut.
Reply 5
It won't be held against you - on the contrary it should strengthen your application.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending