The Student Room Group

I've never been clubbing....

am i missing out on much ?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
In my opinion: no.

I hate clubbing. Pay to get into an unclean, overcrowded venue with expensive, poor quality drinks which you have to wait around for 20 minutes to get since the bars are so busy. They play mostly a genre of music I hate very loudly too.

Much prefer a night in with friends or going to a wetherspoons where you can get nice drinks at a reasonable price and hear people talk without having to shout directly into their ear.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 2
Nope.

/thread
Reply 3
Just ****ing log off your computer, go out and try it so you can judge for yourself
Reply 4
You mean a place where you have to drink to get a personality and therefore chirpe?

You're not missing out. :smile:
I thought I was missing out. My first night out was in my first year of university. I enjoyed it because it gave me the opportunity to dance badly and be completely unnoticed because no one else could dance either. That was it for 4 hours. Bad dancing. I missed out on nothing, I dance badly at home anyway.
Nah.
Its great and they can barely get away, just make sure your your club is long enough because you'll hurt your back if you keep bending down.
it's good for scoring pussy but not much else.

so overall I'd say no.
Original post by LIT10106536
am i missing out on much ?

You are in a sense that you are missing out on a social occasion, i only go clubbing to spend time with my mates and have a laugh :smile:
You're not missing out on much, but it also depends on what you're like as a person. I'm someone who likes to read and such, so clubbing wasn't for me. :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 11
Yeah me neither. It's boring, noisy, crowded, waste of time, waste of money, and completely pointless. So why bother? I'd rather do anything else.
Reply 12
Original post by Charlottelt
In my opinion: no.

I hate clubbing. Pay to get into an unclean, overcrowded venue with expensive, poor quality drinks which you have to wait around for 20 minutes to get since the bars are so busy. They play mostly play a genre of music I hate very loudly too.

Much prefer a night in with friends or going to a wetherspoons where you can get nice drinks at a reasonable price and hear people talk without having to shout directly into their ear.

You clearly go to **** clubs then - if we feel like listening to indie we go to an indie club, metal? Metal club, Drum and bass/house? Go to a club that plays that

As for drinks, get to know the club with what's cheapest and best

Overcrowded is never an issue and unclean isn't either, maybe that's just Manchester...

There's a place for a good pub night though I agree
Depends on what your kind of fun is. Some people can't live without clubbing/bashments/parties/drinking/"bloking" and scoring. I personally, living in a multicultural neighborhood in the city, don't mind a little reggae party or a hiphop club or a Latin dancing club, and then get some drinks afterwards with a group of friends and people I wanna socialize with. But I can have a good time without any of that, too. Overall, clubbing is just...stinky and moist and sweaty. It's like a gym with liquor.
Original post by Oats
You clearly go to **** clubs then - if we feel like listening to indie we go to an indie club, metal? Metal club, Drum and bass/house? Go to a club that plays that

As for drinks, get to know the club with what's cheapest and best

Overcrowded is never an issue and unclean isn't either, maybe that's just Manchester...

There's a place for a good pub night though I agree

There are places which play indie, punk rock etc in Newcastle where I live but they are a rarity. I'd be open to going to one though.

I love seeing live bands. That's a whole other ball game for me. I just hate clubbing. Dancing, getting so drunk I can't walk home, the music 98% of clubs in my area play just does not appeal. Pub nights out are pretty much my only nights out and I don't really want that to change.
People on this forum, go figure, hate going clubbing. I've started to like it, I just shifted my focus. I used to buy into the drinking, the pressure to pull and I had poor nights. I had what people will be describing here.

However, this year I changed my outlook on them, and I've had such good nights. I've basically just started going about talking to everyone and not expecting an outcome. Making people laugh, making temp-friends. It's fun.

If you're going out, just make sure you're having your fun and it's not reliant on some goal to have fun if...
Original post by Blind Ferret
People on this forum, go figure, hate going clubbing. I've started to like it, I just shifted my focus. I used to buy into the drinking, the pressure to pull and I had poor nights. I had what people will be describing here.

However, this year I changed my outlook on them, and I've had such good nights. I've basically just started going about talking to everyone and not expecting an outcome. Making people laugh, making temp-friends. It's fun.

If you're going out, just make sure you're having your fun and it's not reliant on some goal to have fun if...

"temp friends?"
Reply 17
Original post by Blind Ferret

Definitely this, always have some hilarious night with the temporary friends you make (also tons of free drinks from it too)

I don't care about girls in clubs, I meet much nicer girls at flat parties/pubs/other friends
I think one have to get over the fact that 90% of males in the club do not get even a kiss.

Then once we get over that, and go purely for getting drunk, and dancing ridiculously with your mates, then clubbing can be fun.
Reply 19
Original post by HeyFromNY_USA
"temp friends?"

The randomers you meet when you're outside for a cig, at the bar or just start dancing crazily together - some might even manage their way onto your Facebook where you then think who the hell were they?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending