The Student Room Group

PGCE Applications 2015

Scroll to see replies

got both my skills tests tomorrow now :O not worried about the literacy but the numeracy could be a long shot! Just didnt want to risk not being able to take it until after march when I saw a slot had opened up for tomorrow- wish me luck!

also any tips on how to brush up on my maths in about 5 hours would be good :P i just did a practice and passed with 1 mark to spare.... eep!
Reply 2201
Original post by G_Windy
Interview at Liverpool Hope on December 17th. Bricking it now, with all the intense interview talk on here!! Eek!

I have 1 for Liverpool hope on jan 14th. Have u been sent anything explaining the interview?
Original post by tmck
I have 1 for Liverpool hope on jan 14th. Have u been sent anything explaining the interview?

I emailed yesterday to query when I would hear something, and then (typically) I had an official invitation pack through the post. It has a letter telling you what time to arrive, and where it is being held, and a booklet with information about the format of the day and subject specific information about what you'll be expected to prepare. I'm applying for Secondary RE, and there will be a 20 minute literacy test (yes, another one!), a 5 minute presentation (information is in subject specific section of booklet), and a 20 minute individual interview with a panel of about 3 faculty/partnership school staff.
I'm currently waiting for my references to come back so I can send my application off. I have my tests booked for Saturday. What do you think the chances are I'll be able to apply before them? Will I have to reschedule them do you think?
Original post by louloulau
I think they're probably just booked up! Since they switched to Learn Direct, there seems to be less centres & time slots. I booked mine over a month ago, and I've still got to travel to Wolverhampton (from Liverpool) to take them because there was no availability anywhere closer! They're gonna have to do something about this if providers are asking for them to be passed within 6 weeks of being offered a place.

This isn't all providers is it? I've applied for Liverpool Hope, Chester and a school direct and haven't seen anything about having to pass within 6 weeks of having an offer :-/ I really don't see how that's going to be doable as there's nothing available right up until March. I thought you just had to have passed before you start the course
Original post by Zoe_88
This isn't all providers is it? I've applied for Liverpool Hope, Chester and a school direct and haven't seen anything about having to pass within 6 weeks of having an offer :-/ I really don't see how that's going to be doable as there's nothing available right up until March. I thought you just had to have passed before you start the course

UEA require me to pass within 4 weeks of having my interview. Durham just say before June. Seems to vary according to each provider
Original post by mammamia:0
Was this by post or track for chester? :smile:

Post :smile: nothing has come up on track and there's no email either
How long did everybody wait until they heard back for interviews?
Original post by Pineapple pie
Hi, congratulations!!!

I passed my numeracy today too! Was gobsmacked. All my revision paid off.
Also got my offer letter after my successful school direct interview last week.
Also got a letter offering me an interview at chester uni (early years) but am going to decline and accept the school direct with Liverpool Hope x
All done. I can relax!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thats so good well done!
Original post by puddleduck81
UEA require me to pass within 4 weeks of having my interview. Durham just say before June. Seems to vary according to each provider

2 of the unis I've applied to asked for them to be passed before an interview and the other provider said if it wasn't passed by interview you'd be given a very limited period to complete them as a condition of your offer (doesn't say how long that is but I presume about 4 weeks) . You might just have to look for other centres to take them sooner. I think most courses will expect you to take them very close to the interview date. Last year it was just complete them before the course starts but now they want them done much sooner
I'm going to wait a week to see if any slots become available in say January but at the moment there's nothing available in Liverpool or even Manchester, the nearest one seems to be Lancaster, I don't know how long it takes to get there from Liverpool but if I'm going that far for it I'd rather be able to do both in one day rather than pay for two journeys on two separate days. I can't believe there is absolutely nothing until March though. I guess it's my own fault for only just looking to book now but I was busy revising for my GCSE science resit :-( hopefully some slots become available I'll just have to keep checking.
Original post by krystinasumner
Post :smile: nothing has come up on track and there's no email either

I pity my poor postman haha! Got both skills tests today because of lack of slots so really hoping I at least get some good news today! :smile:

This is really cheeky but do you mind me asking what you've been asked to prepare for the Chester interview :smile:
Hi all.
I am trying to log into track but it keeps saying my username is incorrect?
My username is my email isn't it? Tried this numerous times but it is still not accepting me.
Does anyone else have to give a ten minute story sharing activity without text using only props? My criteria is that the children learn something... Wracking my brains, everything I think of seems too simple!
Reply 2214
Original post by hayleyob
Hi all.
I am trying to log into track but it keeps saying my username is incorrect?
My username is my email isn't it? Tried this numerous times but it is still not accepting me.

This happened to me quite a lot too. It's seems there are two pages on which you can log in. One doesn't allow you (for undergraduates only) and the other does as it's for teacher training applicants. Hope this helps. :smile:
Original post by JennyP
This happened to me quite a lot too. It's seems there are two pages on which you can log in. One doesn't allow you (for undergraduates only) and the other does as it's for teacher training applicants. Hope this helps. :smile:

Yes I am on the teacher training apply but it still won't let me log in?
Original post by hayleyob
Yes I am on the teacher training apply but it still won't let me log in?

What are you using for the personal ID? What it says on the email sent to you went you sent the application off or the one in your welcome email?
Original post by noorii
What are you using for the personal ID? What it says on the email sent to you went you sent the application off or the one in your welcome email?

The one in the welcome email
Anyone heard from Oxford? I applied the day ucas opened and still haven't heard.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi for the professional skill test do I print off my welcome email from ucas as a proof?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending