The Student Room Group

PGCE Applications 2015

Scroll to see replies

Cumbria anyone?
Are universities supposed to reply within a set time limit after interview? Also as we have broken up now do you think I will now have to wait until after the holidays for a reply?
Anyone got offers from UoB or Newman?
Original post by Lyall
This may be like a stupid question, but i want to accept an offer on my ucas but there for the life of me I cant find a link to do it?! I still have an interview to come, so does that make a difference? I know some people said something about having to withdraw other offers before accepting?

You need to withdraw from any courses you haven't yet had a response from and then you'll be able to accept an offer :smile: hope that helps! x
Original post by redmel1621
Are universities supposed to reply within a set time limit after interview? Also as we have broken up now do you think I will now have to wait until after the holidays for a reply?

Yes, its likely that there won't be anyone at the university or the school until after Christmas. Some university administrators come in around 29th Dec apparently for a few days but then all is back to normal from 5th Jan. They have to reply within 40 working days from receiving your application. :smile: x
I had an interview at Durham University yesterday for a Geography PGCE. Today I found out I have been accepted onto the course :biggrin:

This was my first interview and my first choice. I am so happy right now! Just need to withdraw from my other choices so I can accept Durham :smile:
Reply 3206
Guys, I'm doing interview prep. Any ideas on how to answer this: 'Give an example of inspired teaching you have witnessed?' I'm unsure about what this even means. Is it basically the same as a time when you witnessed effective learning? :confused: xx
Original post by musicbaby
Cumbria anyone?

I have an offer from cumbria
Original post by JennyP
Guys, I'm doing interview prep. Any ideas on how to answer this: 'Give an example of inspired teaching you have witnessed?' I'm unsure about what this even means. Is it basically the same as a time when you witnessed effective learning? :confused: xx

Sort of effective yes, but more inspiring in terms of a teacher really encouraging, motivating and inspiring the children to learn.
Original post by JennyP

I would take that as being teaching that was exceptional, something different and that was really affective!! Why was it inspired? It would be of extraordinary quality! So really they are asking you to talk about a lesson that really impressed you and why!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Do you guys think 25miles is too far to travel to a school? I love the area, the school and the courses I would have the opportunity to teach but I don't know if its too far away & I should look closer afield? x
Original post by Charleyy259
Do you guys think 25miles is too far to travel to a school? I love the area, the school and the courses I would have the opportunity to teach but I don't know if its too far away & I should look closer afield? x

I don't think so! My training provider has said that schools could be up to 50 miles away, so if they seem to think that is feasible I'm sure 25 miles wouldn't be a problem as long as you have a car or a means of getting there :smile:
Got accepted for edge hill early years :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3213
Original post by Liverbird94
Got accepted for edge hill early years :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Massive Congrats, I have put that down as one of my choices only just sent away my application so probably be after Christmas till I hear anything back hopefully luckily enough to get an interview, was just wondering what did your interview involve

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3214
Original post by musicbaby
Cumbria anyone?

Hi. I've got an interview at Cumbria, London campus in January! For PGCE Primary.

How about yourself? London campus?
Original post by Kenla
Massive Congrats, I have put that down as one of my choices only just sent away my application so probably be after Christmas till I hear anything back hopefully luckily enough to get an interview, was just wondering what did your interview involve

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi the interview was really relaxed... You do a maths English and science test (must admit I didn't revise and was panicking haha it's not too bad tho) the hardest part is timing it so u have time to do it all... Then u do another English test thing. After dinner they put u into two groups then into a pair or a three and u create and present a little presentation in front of two interviews (it's really chilled out and they want you to do well too). And then you have ur one to one interview in the same room as the others just at different tables :smile: it was really good :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by laura.a.c265
Ooh what subject? I interviewed for Red Kite too but decided to do my PGCE at YSJ instead

Posted from TSR Mobile

History :smile: Red Kite looks really good- YSJ didn't have History down as their PGCE when I was applying but if it had I would have probably applied as everyone speak so highly of it!
Got an interview for Hull on Monday :smile:
Reply 3217
Original post by Liverbird94
Hi the interview was really relaxed... You do a maths English and science test (must admit I didn't revise and was panicking haha it's not too bad tho) the hardest part is timing it so u have time to do it all... Then u do another English test thing. After dinner they put u into two groups then into a pair or a three and u create and present a little presentation in front of two interviews (it's really chilled out and they want you to do well too). And then you have ur one to one interview in the same room as the others just at different tables :smile: it was really good :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks so much for letting me know and again Congrats nice Christmas present for you 😀

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kenla
Thanks so much for letting me know and again Congrats nice Christmas present for you 😀

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks haha no worries any other questions just ask :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by liberate
Can you only accept after you have all three decisions through on track? How does it work if you don't mind? Thanks and well done.

I had an interview for Edge Hill on the 22 Jan, however I withdrew my application from then and then was able to accept my offer at Manchester met..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending