The Student Room Group

PGCE Applications 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by puddleduck81
I'm a 1981 baby too. Good vintage í ½í¸‰

Me too!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Scp-1981
Yes I am! Makes me a very old teacher among lots of fresh faced graduates lol!

Yep ditto, when I did my Teach First AC I felt about 300!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yey to all the 81 babies!
Been invited for an interview on the 10th December by bristol uwe
Reply 1184
Original post by MedicineBug
Anyone heard anything yet from Bristol, Gloucestershire, or Bath Spa?

UCAS told me I have an interview with Gloucestershire on the 15th but I haven't heard anything from the uni themselves. I've just emailed them because I really want to find out the time so I can book a train and the format because there is so much to prepare this weekend!
Original post by Jsa94
UCAS told me I have an interview with Gloucestershire on the 15th but I haven't heard anything from the uni themselves. I've just emailed them because I really want to find out the time so I can book a train and the format because there is so much to prepare this weekend!

Well done on getting an interview!! When did you submit your application and get your interview?
Reply 1186
Well done on getting an interview!! When did you submit your application and get your interview?

It got sent off properly on 29th and I found out from UCAS about the interview on the 5th Nov so exactly a week :smile:

Do you think RE might take longer to interview because they need to get enough applicants to run a group interview? I know hardly anywhere met their allocation last year which means we could be waiting a while :-/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by laura.a.c265
Do you think RE might take longer to interview because they need to get enough applicants to run a group interview? I know hardly anywhere met their allocation last year which means we could be waiting a while :-/

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's a good point which I hadn't considered! I don't mind waiting for the interview as long as I know I've got one!
That's a good point which I hadn't considered! I don't mind waiting for the interview as long as I know I've got one!

Haha agreed! I feel sick seeing so many people getting interviews. I've had an automated email from one uni saying my application has been received and that's it :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I questioned my deputy head about a reference today and she said it best to ask the teacher who I've been doing my lessons with as she is the head of key stage one anyway. Apparently the head teacher gets asked all the time and never knows the people who've asked him so it's pointless.
Yep ditto, when I did my Teach First AC I felt about 300!

Posted from TSR Mobile

All you '81 babies feel old? I'm a '78 baby!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Haha agreed! I feel sick seeing so many people getting interviews. I've had an automated email from one uni saying my application has been received and that's it :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got the automated email this morning but nothing from any of the unis :frown:
has anyone had a problem with their school not receiving the reference request email? my uni tutor has received theirs but the school haven't received three emails so far, im going out of my mind
Reply 1194
Anyone heard anything yet from Bristol, Gloucestershire, or Bath Spa?

I'll hopefully be applying to Bath Spa as one of my choices this weekend (still waiting for my final reference :frown:) but for Early Years, so let me know if you hear anything & vice versa :smile:
Reply 1195
Both my references came back today so I've just submitted my application and now join you in the waiting game! Can't believe it's just before the weekend... Good luck to those waiting to hear and well done to those who have already secured interviews!

Anyone heard anything from Swansea Met?
Got my first interview at University of Nottingham on Wednesday!!!
Hi guys!

My application got sent off on 30th October.. Heard back last night and I have my first interview for Edge Hill Primary PGCE in two weeks time, so nervous but excited haha!
Original post by Charleyy259

Well done! Good luck
Original post by Charleyy259

Well done! Have they only just told you? If so, that's the shortest notice yet!

My TES 30 day free trial newspaper got delivered today. Thanks to who posted that link up. The curriculum guides have been great.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending