The Student Room Group

PGCE Applications 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Faye2109
Hello all,
I'm new to this thread as am currently doing my UCAS and my GCSES, English, Maths and Science as they were crap in school am under a lot of pressure to do them, hoping to have them all completed by April so i can go on the course in september
just wondering when applying on UCAS do i put pending? or equivalency test.... Also do references have to be from a school. you have volounteered in? I have only done one day so far as working full time so need to get out there abit more and how do i get a CRB? So many questions sorry!!

Faye
x

I would put pending for the GCSE's and for the references one should be professional such as someone from education and another personal, someone you have known for a long time. CRB is now called DBS (disclosure and barring service) go on the website and apply but you have to have a applying authority such as the university you are applying for. They should email you about that anyway as they will have to counter sign it :smile:
Original post by j.knight51
I've heard that if you have booked OR done and passed them then its all good :smile:

Yeah I have booked them for the 9th and 10th December so hopefully that will be fine.
Original post by Chrislittle
Yeah I have booked them for the 9th and 10th December so hopefully that will be fine.

Most unis aren't too fussed - but if they give you an offer they will give you a conditional offer depending on you passing your skills tests before starting :smile: I think the usual time frame is within 6-8 weeks depending on the uni. but the tests turned out to be quite easy so should be fine!
Original post by iloveunicorns
Most unis aren't too fussed - but if they give you an offer they will give you a conditional offer depending on you passing your skills tests before starting :smile: I think the usual time frame is within 6-8 weeks depending on the uni. but the tests turned out to be quite easy so should be fine!

Thank you :smile: Just have to do well in the maths and literacy tests during the interview.
Need some advise! Re-sat my GCSE Science Equivalency 2 weeks ago now still waiting on the results (should be any day now) but I'm getting anxious as everyone is starting to get interviews and I haven't even applied and I don't want to risk the courses I want to apply for closing or filling up. Should I keep waiting for the results to come or just apply and put pending? I'm at a disadvantage if I put pending as some of the courses I want to apply for won't accept that...I'm really starting to panic now. Ideally I want my application done and sent off by the end of this week! Especially if I'm gonna have an extra wait for my references too!
Original post by ST10
my reference has been completed, so I have sent off my application :biggrin:

Yey! I know it's been a long wait for you... Good luck!
Original post by Zoe_88
Need some advise! Re-sat my GCSE Science Equivalency 2 weeks ago now still waiting on the results (should be any day now) but I'm getting anxious as everyone is starting to get interviews and I haven't even applied and I don't want to risk the courses I want to apply for closing or filling up. Should I keep waiting for the results to come or just apply and put pending? I'm at a disadvantage if I put pending as some of the courses I want to apply for won't accept that...I'm really starting to panic now. Ideally I want my application done and sent off by the end of this week! Especially if I'm gonna have an extra wait for my references too!

It's a tricky one. What I would do is definitely get in contact with your referees and see if they can get your reference done ASAP so that you can submit your application as soon as you get your results. It might also be worth ringing up the unis that you want to apply for and see what they suggest :smile: they might be able to give you a heads up on how busy the course is etc.
Original post by iloveunicorns
It's a tricky one. What I would do is definitely get in contact with your referees and see if they can get your reference done ASAP so that you can submit your application as soon as you get your results. It might also be worth ringing up the unis that you want to apply for and see what they suggest :smile: they might be able to give you a heads up on how busy the course is etc.

Well one of them is my boss from my waitressing job who I see everyday, he's well aware it's coming soon and the other is a teacher from my placement school which I'm still working at 4 days a week so I can badger her too. I just want it done but at the same time I don't want to apply with it pending for my certificate to then come like a day later and be at a disadvantage with my application. I'd like to register and get the form mostly ready but when I go on to register it says 'do you have minimum grade C in science' and when I don't tick it it says about maybe not getting on to a course I want, so argh I dunno what to do!
Reply 1388
Original post by Scp-1981
Yey! I know it's been a long wait for you... Good luck!

Aww thank you :smile: so relieved it's finally been sent! Good luck to you too :biggrin:
Is the personal statement mallarky stressing anyone else out? I feel like I am going to miss something out :P it's hard to show passion for teaching without sounding cliche :P
Is it possible to edit the application on ucas up to the point of the references being done? If so I may register and get it all done tonight then if I get my science grade through I can change it.
Reply 1391
Original post by Zoe_88
Is it possible to edit the application on ucas up to the point of the references being done? If so I may register and get it all done tonight then if I get my science grade through I can change it.

Yeah, you can edit up until you request references! Beyond that point you can't even see your own application details (other than your choices as you can still change those)
Original post by Jo1986
Yeah, you can edit up until you request references! Beyond that point you can't even see your own application details (other than your choices as you can still change those)

Great thanks. It's getting done tonight then!
Original post by Zoe_88

No, you can only edit the choices. Sorry!
still haven't got my references through... aargh!
Reply 1395
I'm still waiting on one. Very frustrating given that my secondary reference was completed within 15 minutes of receiving the request. My primary referee is yet to accept the UCAS invitation :frown: I can't send a reminder until next week.

I've rebooked my numeracy test for the last week of December. I'm not feeling at all confident with either component of the test, so need a lot of revision.
Original post by Sim245
I'm still waiting on one. Very frustrating given that my secondary reference was completed within 15 minutes of receiving the request. My primary referee is yet to accept the UCAS invitation :frown: I can't send a reminder until next week.

I've rebooked my numeracy test for the last week of December. I'm not feeling at all confident with either component of the test, so need a lot of revision.

:frown: that's really annoying, could you email them yourself?

Have you tried both the practice tests online, and getting the books to help?
Original post by GHicks
No, you can only edit the choices. Sorry!

Really? So if I register but don't send it off yet I can't edit anything except my choices? 😕
Original post by Zoe_88
Really? So if I register but don't send it off yet I can't edit anything except my choices? ������

Depends what you mean by sent off. Once it's sent to your referees you can no longer edit it at any point. Hope that's clear
Original post by GHicks
Depends what you mean by sent off. Once it's sent to your referees you can no longer edit it at any point. Hope that's clear

I mean I literally just want to register and get everything filled in and ready to send off to my referees, just saved online so that when my science certificate comes sometime this week I can just click send.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending