The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Transferring Universities (weird situation)

I am wanting to know other peoples opinions and the probability of me transferring to a different university.

I am currently at York St. John and I want to apply to Leeds university - due to personal reasons such as depression, as well as not being content with my current course (which is the main reason for the transfer). I contacted Leeds and they asked me to provide a personal statement (more like a personal validation of why I want to transfer); a reference from my tutor and my results so far (as I was half way through the year when starting the application process). Cut long story short, I have completed all of the necessary requirements and was offered to achieve 68 as an average; since I have achieved two 2:1s and one 2:2s in the present time of processing the application I found this offer quite a challenge. By the end of the year I gave them my results and I got 62 as an average - not 68. When Leeds received my results they asked why I had achieved a low mark in one module compared to the others and asked for particular reasons. I gave them valid reasons and they are letting me know next week on what is happening.

Here is the weird thing
- ever since showing my references and personal statement they have been consistent in asking me a lot of questions (I have more than 30 emails from Leeds University admins from the day I started the process).
- they even asked me questions after my results which I find very strange
- I was sent an accommodation letter encouraging me to apply for accommodation the next day when I was told they would tell me next week whether I can transfer or not.

What are peoples opinions on this situation? Do I have a chance of been accepted for a transfer despite not achieving 68?

Quick Reply

Latest