The Student Room Group

GCSE results encouragement thread!

so you may have already heard/seen this from my other threads but i just want to say that You are worth a lot more than the grades you got on a piece of paper so please dont let those grades decide your fate. Also there are other options for example Btecs so its not completely the end of the world if you dont get the grades. You did the best that you could and if you have not i guess you have learnt your lesson that its though out there so be prepared...Remember life does not go in a straight line so dont stress of over exam results...as it is not all about going to Cambridge or oxford-you dont have to go there to make something good out of your life so do what suits you.

Always Remember "Winners are to busy to be sad, to positive to be doubtful, to optimistic to be fearful, and too determined to be defeated."

Edit: It is not all about a piece of paper with your name on it.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1
Encouragement*
I wouldn't get your hopes up about your English grades.
Reply 3
I love encouraging people, through words, quotes, poems and songs. Heres some music, listen to the lyrics closely.

[video="youtube;OtrNknhuG60"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtrNknhuG60[/video]

Best of luck and remember, a piece of paper cannot define you. You define you.
Reply 4
I get that you want to encourage people and things, but maybe not say that the piece of paper doesn't define you...
1) That's a bit cliché, no offence.
2) That's what the vast majority of employers and further educators look at.

What you can say is that it's not the end of the world. If you get D's or U's or whatever, even if you get a B and that is hell for you, it is not the end. A Levels are much more important, and every single problem has a solution.

So when it comes to seeing your results, if you're not happy then talk to your teachers and research what you can do, just don't wallow about it as if it's the end of the world and nothing can be done. Some of the greatest minds in the world failed at convectional education, as well as some of them exceeding. You could be either or.

Good Luck everyone!
Reply 5
Original post by Pectorac

why?
Reply 6
Original post by DebkoX
I love encouraging people, through words, quotes, poems and songs. Heres some music, listen to the lyrics closely.

[video="youtube;OtrNknhuG60"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtrNknhuG60[/video]

Best of luck and remember, a piece of paper cannot define you. You define you.

:smile:
Reply 7
Original post by Pectorac

we will see wont we now and talk is cheap btw.
Reply 8
Original post by Its_Tito
I get that you want to encourage people and things, but maybe not say that the piece of paper doesn't define you...
1) That's a bit cliché, no offence.
2) That's what the vast majority of employers and further educators look at.

What you can say is that it's not the end of the world. If you get D's or U's or whatever, even if you get a B and that is hell for you, it is not the end. A Levels are much more important, and every single problem has a solution.

So when it comes to seeing your results, if you're not happy then talk to your teachers and research what you can do, just don't wallow about it as if it's the end of the world and nothing can be done. Some of the greatest minds in the world failed at convectional education, as well as some of them exceeding. You could be either or.

Good Luck everyone!

what nonsense are you saying?
Even if the kid who gets on tv/the local newspaper gets better grades than you, at least you won't look like a **** trying to do that ridiculous happy jump in the air which the media loves so much. You'll be glad it wasn't you when in 5 years they show you a print out from a newspaper website of teenage you awkwardly jumping at a job interview and grin manically at you (yes that has happened to me...)
Original post by German123
what nonsense are you saying?

It's not nonsense, it's sense. What about all the people getting A* grades? By saying your life isn't dependant on a piece of paper you're basically slating them, just to encourage the people that didn't do so well.
Original post by jenkinsear
Even if the kid who gets on tv/the local newspaper gets better grades than you, at least you won't look like a **** trying to do that ridiculous happy jump in the air which the media loves so much. You'll be glad it wasn't you when in 5 years they show you a print out from a newspaper website of teenage you awkwardly jumping at a job interview and grin manically at you (yes that has happened to me...)

I just declined to talk to the newspaper at GCSE/ A level results day.

They still reported me at 9 A*/A as lower than the 3 girls getting 11A*/A when they had a BTEC in tourism "worth 2A*" and only got 4 actual A* between them compared to my 6 but i'm not at all bitter... :colonhash:
Reply 12
Original post by Its_Tito
It's not nonsense, it's sense. What about all the people getting A* grades? By saying your life isn't dependant on a piece of paper you're basically slating them, just to encourage the people that didn't do so well.

whatever.........

Quick Reply

Latest