The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Anyone else not really liked Leeds?

Just wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience?

I've spent a year at the university already doing a foundation year (going onto do a degree here come September), and I've just been pretty miserable - I didn't get along with any of my flatmates (they weren't bad people, we just didn't talk), I joined societies and I talked to people on my course, but I didn't make any friends and I didn't go on nights out or anything. All of my friends at university seem to have had much more positive experiences. I'm hoping it'll be better next year and I'm going to try harder to put myself out there but I'm kinda down about it.
(edited 9 years ago)
not fair =(
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 2
Hey, sorry you're feeling this way..I didn't get on with my flatmates in the first term either and it made uni really difficult but I moved accommodations and slowly, things started to improve. I'd recommend joining different societies for the second year .. it only takes meeting one nice person to change your perspective..best of luck for second year!
Hey,
the same goes for me although I made a group of really nice friends but I just wasn't happy. I think because I don't drink and was feeling a bit crappy in myself it was a bit of a nightmare trying to stay true to what made me happy (eg sitting in with a book and introverting with the occasional social event haha). Just try and take notice of your own needs and just do what feels right for you. Don't worry.
Reply 4
I am considering doing a foundation year, as my As levels weren't great, do you mind me asking what A2 grades you got ? Is it worth it?
Original post by JSShaw
I am considering doing a foundation year, as my As levels weren't great, do you mind me asking what A2 grades you got ? Is it worth it?

What do you want to do a foundation year in?
Reply 6
Maths
Reply 7
Original post by JSShaw
Maths

If you did badly with the A-level you will probably struggle with the degree content... **** is ****ing serious. My friends are in 3rd year of integrated masters and their discussions are hella ****ed up. I got a B in A2 maths and I had no ****in' idea what they were talking about. Just sayin'.

Quick Reply

Latest