The Student Room Group

I Received The Wrong Amount Of JSA? HELP :S

I'm currently looking for work, applied online for JSA on the 1st of September, and had my first appointment on the 5th. However, during my first appointment, there was no Personal Advisor available, so I was called back to speak to one for my first proper "signing on" on the Tuesday after that (the 9th).

I was then told that I would have to sign on next on a Friday (which I did,last Friday - the advisor I was meant to speak to wasn't even there and the one I did was rather dismissive, but I gave him my Job Search forms and he told me to drop off my new ones two weeks from then). The lady told me that the guy I was meant to be seeing (but didn't) would "release my benefits" last Friday.

However, I checked my bank account today and I have received literally £16.39 in benefits - i.e. only 2 days' worth of JSA! I am guessing that this might be for the time I made my initial claim (minus the standard 3 day period) to the time of my first signing on. But I have not received the 2 weeks' worth of JSA since then (i.e. between my first signing on and signing on last Friday).

What on earth is going on? Is there any number I can call, or should I contact my Job Centre?
Bump. Still received nothing, and I'm only meant to be dropping off my JSA form this week so can't speak to an advisor. :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending