The Student Room Group

Is ICT functional skills important at all?

I am in Year 11 and for Year 10 only we had a single lesson a week for ICT Functional skills (Level 2) that every one had to do whether you were doing the full ICT GCSE or not. Because I'm crap at complicated spreadsheet formulas on excel I failed (it's graded as either pass or fail). My ICT stressed it's importance and said that if we hadn't passed it by the time we go to college/sixth form we would be made to take it again. However I find this hard to believe because I can't find anything on the Internet about how you need Functional skills otherwise you have to retake it at college and also because it's only worth half a GCSE.I have also heard from other people at my school that they have been told by the Deputy head that it doesn't actually matter. I am unsure whether I should retake it and spend time going to after school booster sessions or get on with other work that is probably more important.
Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending