The Student Room Group

What IT course Should I take?

Hello,

As a career I want to run or be part of a company who set up, run and administer Servers and Networks for small businesses and schools. I am more into the practical side of IT and selling hardware and software. Im not too interested in web-development and programming, I want to learn about setting up networks and network maintenance. What degree course would be most relevant to this career path?

Many Thanks,
John :smile::smile:
Reply 1
Original post by j0hn209
Hello,

As a career I want to run or be part of a company who set up, run and administer Servers and Networks for small businesses and schools. I am more into the practical side of IT and selling hardware and software. Im not too interested in web-development and programming, I want to learn about setting up networks and network maintenance. What degree course would be most relevant to this career path?

Many Thanks,
John :smile::smile:

Take any computer related degree - I don't think employers will care too much about the specific modules you take. Choose the one you find most interesting - do a search on ucas and read about the course content on the uni's website.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending