The Student Room Group

Potential Optometry Students 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Aubrey_79
I am predicted AAB in IT, Bio and Chem. I will be resitting A2. Will my C in Bio and D in Chem in A2 affect my chance of getting offers? Should I leave out my current A2 grades on Ucas application?

no it wont! as long as you have a good personal statement and say how you will improve over the year you should get offers.
Are Anglia Ruskin strict on resits?

No. They dont mind resits at al. Only manchester are strict on resits
Original post by deeqa
What were the grade offer they gave you ???? congrats btw :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:

two A's (im a resit) so have already done one alevel
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by theoriginalrpr
Yes.. other then manchester who don't like resits altogether all other unis don't mind them as it shows to them that you are persistant and not willing to give up.

That good to hear, this has been delaying my application.
Thanks for the response! :smile:
no it wont! as long as you have a good personal statement and say how you will improve over the year you should get offers.

That is great to hear! Thank you :smile:
No. They dont mind resits at al. Only manchester are strict on resits

Do you think I should apply to AR instead of Plymouth?
Plymouth want AAA whereas AR want AAB.
Thank you for your help, much appreciated! :smile:
Original post by charnot1997
Who is going Bradford applicant experience day!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Me! 9th December? And what do you know about the 20 UCAS points reduction?
Do you think I should apply to AR instead of Plymouth?
Plymouth want AAA whereas AR want AAB.
Thank you for your help, much appreciated! :smile:

plymouth only offer around 30/40 applicants places a year and take a long time to reply to you...whereas ARU offer pretty much straight away. To be honest with you if you apply to ARU and firm/insure it and miss the grades they r likely to offer you dispensing optom as that is what happened to be last year. ARU is a great insurance as you need a uni with slightly lower grades to insure. hope this helps!
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by justbilivit
Me! 9th December? And what do you know about the 20 UCAS points reduction?

Not sure .
I got a grade offer not a tarriff point offer so will it the points affect me?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by charnot1997
Not sure .
I got a grade offer not a tarriff point offer so will it the points affect me?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got a grade offer too so I have no idea, what was your grade offer if you don't mind me asking?
plymouth only offer around 30/40 applicants places a year and take a long time to reply to you...whereas ARU offer pretty much straight away. To be honest with you if you apply to ARU and firm/insure it and miss the grades they r likely to offer you dispensing optom as that is what happened to be last year. ARU is a great insurance as you need a uni with slightly lower grades to insure. hope this helps!

Thank you, this is really helpful! :smile:
Thank you, this is really helpful! :smile:

no probs!! happy to help :smile:
What types of question are you asked at Hert Interview?
how many people did anglia take on last year ? and does anyone have an idea of when i might hear form them i applied wednesday and havent heare anything or got a application receievd email
Original post by poojavparmar
how many people did anglia take on last year ? and does anyone have an idea of when i might hear form them i applied wednesday and havent heare anything or got a application receievd email

Check your junk/spam folder?
I am on my third year. Do you think this will be a problem?
I got C, D in A2 Bio and Chem, but my predicted grades are AAB. A in Bio and B in Chem. Do you think I will be offered a place ARU?

I think it's worth emailing ARU admissions to check because I'm not sure about this.
How long did Manchester take to offer an interview?
Original post by ThrillSize
I think it's worth emailing ARU admissions to check because I'm not sure about this.

I will do, Thanks for help :smile:
Reply 198
still havnt heard anything from herts after the interview, they said they would make their decision on the same day :frown:
Original post by justbilivit
I got a grade offer too so I have no idea, what was your grade offer if you don't mind me asking?

It was AAB

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest