The Student Room Group

Potential Optometry Students 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SSS97
I heard it was a group interview but im not sure, really hope it goes well, do you mind me asking what your predicted grades are?

Ummmmmm..
I presume AAA because I have actually received offers, although my AS was BBBB.
City have offered 360 ucas points with AA in Biology and Chemistry. Cardiff was AAA and aston AAA (AAB firm) so i'm assuming AAA haha :') My teachers always said they weren't going to be realistic but they never actually told me :/
Reply 381
Original post by JayChandarana
Ummmmmm..
I presume AAA because I have actually received offers, although my AS was BBBB.
City have offered 360 ucas points with AA in Biology and Chemistry. Cardiff was AAA and aston AAA (AAB firm) so i'm assuming AAA haha :':wink: My teachers always said they weren't going to be realistic but they never actually told me :/

Ohh they dont tell you well you did really well! All optom grades are really high, really hope theyre lenient on results day.
I got ABD at A2, and I am currently on a gap year resitting Bio [D] and 1 chem exam. My predictions are AAB, and I have offers from city uni london and bradford - just waiting on Aston now!

Just wanted to tell anyone thats on a gap year my situation.
Got my interview at Hertforshire on monday :/// also applied for city and got an offer but i've never been... do you know if it's any good???

Have my interview tomorrow as well :frown:
Kinda freaking out rn
Mine's at 12 wbu?
Original post by Amber8991
Have my interview tomorrow as well :frown:
Kinda freaking out rn
Mine's at 12 wbu?

Mine's at 10 ://////
Hopefully it'll be okay because it's a group interview but I don't really know how they're gonna do it :')
and omg aha I'm stressing as well but hopefully it'll be okay.
Don't stress about the Herts interview - my friend went and said it was general and about communication and team work. Does anyone know how lenient Manchester are? If they offer AAB , might they still let you in with ABB?
Manchester Optom open day wasn't very specific but I presume they would be?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 387
How was the interview yesterday ?
Original post by SSS97
How was the interview yesterday ?

Errrrr... Interesting? Haha it was like a group discussion thing and didn't feel like an interview at all. They didn't ask any questions which you would expect haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by anitanikoo
Heyyyy, what other uni's did you apply for? :smile:

Aston, ARU, Bradford, Cardiff
Reply 390
i sent my application off on Tuesday and got a offer today from ARU -- just wanted to know why optometry has high entry requirements compared to other health care degrees like radiography and nursing ???????????????????????????????? i'm predicted AAB (bio,RE and chem)

ARU gave me a offer AAB with AA in bio and chem???????:frown::frown::angry::angry: for why ???????????
Anyone heard back from Manchester yet after the interview?
Reply 392
Original post by deeqa
i sent my application off on Tuesday and got a offer today from ARU -- just wanted to know why optometry has high entry requirements compared to other health care degrees like radiography and nursing ???????????????????????????????? i'm predicted AAB (bio,RE and chem)

ARU gave me a offer AAB with AA in bio and chem???????:frown::frown::angry::angry: for why ???????????

Did you apply to city ?
Original post by deeqa

I got the same from city London because they think the sciences are important haha and also because the course still isn't entirely standard and they want to make sure you'll be able to do it :smile: however they aren't usually too strict with the entry grades because I know quite a few people who got lower and still got in

Posted from TSR Mobile
You got an offer from city for Aab? I thought they only give out Aaa as that's their requirements ?

I got the same from city London because they think the sciences are important haha and also because the course still isn't entirely standard and they want to make sure you'll be able to do it :smile: however they aren't usually too strict with the entry grades because I know quite a few people who got lower and still got in

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jophilip123
You got an offer from city for Aab? I thought they only give out Aaa as that's their requirements ?

Uhhhhhh yeah I got AAB aha ummmmm it might be because it's based on a UCAS point system rather than definitive grades?

Posted from TSR Mobile
anyone applied for Glasgow Caledonian university and got an offer?
Uhhhhhh yeah I got AAB aha ummmmm it might be because it's based on a UCAS point system rather than definitive grades?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congrats, I got same predicted grade as you.
But got an offer for AAA from city.
Kind of suck, difficult to get an A in Bio!
oh lucky you, what were your predicted grades?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Aubrey_79
Congrats, I got same predicted grade as you.
But got an offer for AAA from city.
Kind of suck, difficult to get an A in Bio!

Bio unit 4 is my problem haha I just find it difficult

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest