The Student Room Group

Potential Optometry Students 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 580
Original post by frances98
No I haven't but then I did only get my offer 2 days ago so

congrats!! isn't it such a good feeling! i got mine 2 months ago so ive been eagerly anticipating an invitation lol i just loved it the first time i saw it :wink:
Still nothing from Plymouth! It's been 3 weeks
Now 😞😞😞😞😞
Original post by NatalieDunn89
Still nothing from Plymouth! It's been 3 weeks
Now 😞😞😞😞😞

Me either, I keep checking but nothing, from them or city yet 😢😢
Original post by Alishafiaz
Me either, I keep checking but nothing, from them or city yet 😢😢

I just want to know now getting so impatient haha... Seems as though they will do offers in bulk maybe?? Think there's a few that are waiting for replys from Plymouth
What type of grades have people got at AS?
Original post by Phoebewilkooo
What type of grades have people got at AS?

I got AABB. A in chem and psychology. B in bio and law. Have dropped law
Reply 586
just go an offer from aru and i just sent my app off yesterday, but not sure if i want to go there.
Original post by siidoww
just go an offer from aru and i just sent my app off yesterday, but not sure if i want to go there.

That's amazing! Congrats :smile:
What's a selection day ?
Original post by aysh98
I've got an offer from city but haven't heard back for a selection day :frown: has anyone else heard back? really want to go back and see it again lol
Reply 589
Original post by Aubrey_79
That's amazing! Congrats :smile:

Thanks a lot
Original post by Azzzman
I got AABB. A in chem and psychology. B in bio and law. Have dropped law

BCCCE and have city and aru offers with ABB predictions
I just want to know now getting so impatient haha... Seems as though they will do offers in bulk maybe?? Think there's a few that are waiting for replys from Plymouth

I am getting really impatient now too!
I think they maybe giving them out in bulk.

I thought Aston were slow in giving offers, I guess I was wrong.
Plymouth is taking the biscuit! :angry:

Dw I'm sure you'll get an offer I got one with BBB predicted grades and got my offer 3/4 weeks after I sent mine off. I do think they go in bulks, I was talking to this girl and she was saying how some of her friends got offers from Plymouth really late for optometry can't remember if it was Jan or March but I'm sure you'll be fine honestly!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Do you guys know which unis would be more lenient on results day? Just scared I'm not gonna make it even if I work hard 😩

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Angelee_
Do you guys know which unis would be more lenient on results day? Just scared I'm not gonna make it even if I work hard 😩

Posted from TSR Mobile

when i went to the aston open day, they said that not many always make the grades so they can be a bit lenient. i don't manchester are very lenient, and i'm not sure about the other unis i applied to (cardiff, plymouth, glasgow). sorry, I hope that is of some help! :smile:) and good luck!!
I've just received my offer from Bradford University for Optometry.
I am returning to study as a mature student, has anyone else confirmed Bradford as their first choice?
Original post by Aubrey_79
I am getting really impatient now too!
I think they maybe giving them out in bulk.

I thought Aston were slow in giving offers, I guess I was wrong.
Plymouth is taking the biscuit! :angry:

I'm so tempted to ring up haha!! I will be four weeks next week.. When did you send yours off??
I'm so tempted to ring up haha!! I will be four weeks next week.. When did you send yours off??

Quite glad I didn't apply to Plymouth I couldn't have waited that long. Then again it has only been 2.5 weeks and I've only had 2 offers

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've been waiting since Nov 25th for Plymouth :frown: feels like sooo long
Hey guys,

I'm in my first year at Cardiff studying Optom, if you have any questions I'm happy to help :smile:
Don't worry too much about replies on offers- if I remember correctly, Plymouth was the last of my choices to respond back to me.
Hope everything goes well for everyone!
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest