The Student Room Group

Potential Optometry Students 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Aubrey_79
I wanted an offer straight out!.

I really don't want to go but on the email, if successful they will upgrade the conditional offer.

I hate interviews, I think I am a good applicant, not the best. But I know in an Interview, I will mess up and wont be able to show them.

Oh god i didn't realise Plymouth did interviews! Im sure you'll be absolutly fine though... I still haven't heard anything back.. When did you apply??
Original post by NatalieDunn89
Oh god i didn't realise Plymouth did interviews! Im sure you'll be absolutly fine though... I still haven't heard anything back.. When did you apply??

30th Nov.
I hope so!
What the hell?I hate that they have not got back to you!
I wanted an offer straight out!.

I really don't want to go but on the email, if successful they will upgrade the conditional offer.

I hate interviews, I think I am a good applicant, not the best. But I know in an Interview, I will mess up and wont be able to show them.

I had one email inviting me to an applicant day, then I had another inviting me for interview and the chance to upgrade the offer, i'm going to go now :smile:
Original post by VeepFan
I had one email inviting me to an applicant day, then I had another inviting me for interview and the chance to upgrade the offer, i'm going to go now :smile:

I have the second email.
I think I will be going, because I want the chance to get a better offer. :smile:
I have the second email.
I think I will be going, because I want the chance to get a better offer. :smile:

Is it an upgrade to unconditional or just easier grades do you think???
Original post by VeepFan
Is it an upgrade to unconditional or just easier grades do you think???

Not too sure, could be unconditional or maybe lowering grade requirements!
Original post by VeepFan
Oooh late november, so that should explain the difference if they respond as they go through them, as they get them :smile: Good luck with it all!

I've got my interview invite today for the 9th March!
30th Nov.
I hope so!
What the hell?I hate that they have not got back to you!

I know 😔... I applied 15th December though so a little bit later than you.. It's the only Uni I have applied for so I have all hopes on one chance! It's so annoying lol..

So what's the interview? Did You get an offer but if you attend they upgrade it? Xx
Original post by NatalieDunn89
I know 😔... I applied 15th December though so a little bit later than you.. It's the only Uni I have applied for so I have all hopes on one chance! It's so annoying lol..

So what's the interview? Did You get an offer but if you attend they upgrade it? Xx

I have no idea. If successful in the interview, there is a chance of upgrading the offer.

Part of the Selection day will involve a group discussion.
I really hope there is not an assessment.

I hope they respond to you soon!
Original post by VeepFan

If you don't mind me asking, when is your interview?
Mines is on the 30th of Jan but I want to defer it.
The 20th of Feb, I think is the next time they will be holding interviews.
Original post by frances98
I've got my interview invite today for the 9th March!

is that for manchester uni? i just got my interview for that date aswell
Original post by batz-224
is that for manchester uni? i just got my interview for that date aswell

Yep it is! What time is yours?

Posted from TSR Mobile
OK got Cardiff today, AAA. SO now have 4/5

Manchester sent me an invite for the interview. I click on reschedule (on the UCAS page).

Do i need to contact the Uni?
Also, can i make a change now or is it too late?

Withdraw from Manchester and select either Plymouth or Glasgow?
Yep it is! What time is yours?

Posted from TSR Mobile
12:45 :-D
12:45 :-D

Ah same! Do you think it'll be more than just an interview then? The email I got said the day runs from 12:45 till 17:00
Ah same! Do you think it'll be more than just an interview then? The email I got said the day runs from 12:45 till 17:00

Yh same i think they give you a tour of the campus or something. Hope the interview itself isnt too hard
Reply 797
I withdrew from Manchester... anyone wanting to go to Aston this year? :biggrin:
Original post by ThrillSize
Me too! The City Campus doesn't too bad either but I think Fallowfield is pretty amazing judging by the pictures. Have you visited any of them yourself?

I have not visited them yet and I don't know when I will be able to see it. Luckily the accommodation is not even too expensive!
Yh same i think they give you a tour of the campus or something. Hope the interview itself isnt too hard

I hope they do! I have a friend going for an interview in February so if I find anything out I'll let you know! Have you visited the university before? What did you think of it? If anything I think It'll be my insurance choice since City will be my firm

Quick Reply

Latest