The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Rejected from Warwick for Economics???!

Please can someone help me...

I applied to Nottingham, Cambridge, Warwick, Kent and St Andrews, all for straight Economics.
I've got offers from Nottingham and Kent already, and an interview from Cambridge.
I got straight A's at AS with a 94.1% UMS average, and I'm predicted 3 A*'s at A2. It's not even January yet and I've already been rejected from Warwick, whose requirements are A*AA.
It can't be my personal statement or reference surely, as I've got an interview at Cambridge for King's College, which has been applied to by over 120 people...

Please can someone give a comment on this. Thanks :frown:
Probably because you only did 3 AS levels.

Another reason could be that you went to a private/public school? The Econ department there apparently favour those from state schools which is evidenced through the high proportion (75%+) of Economics students coming from state schools.

When did you apply? I applied on the 15th and haven't heard back yet.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 2
Original post by ILLREKTUM9
Probably because you only did 3 AS levels.

Another reason could be that you went to a private/public school? The Econ department there apparently favour those from state schools which is evidenced through the high proportion (75%+) of Economics students coming from state schools.

When did you apply? I applied on the 15th and haven't heard back yet.

I did 3 AS Levels due to extenuating circumstances (missed 3 months of school due to poor health), and I go to a state school....?
Warwick requires a fourth AS at A grade or a fourth A2 at B grade so it might be because of that.
The truth is Warwick is getting way more applicants that it can actually absorbed, and these are very strong applicants like you are.
it's all about supply and demand.
You don't meet the requirements.

Quick Reply

Latest