The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

Transferring to Queen Mary from Kingston

I'd like to transfer from kingston University to Queen Mary University and was just wondering if anyone else has done this? And if so, how easy/difficult was it?

Also what is Queen Mary like as a University? I plan to do English and Film Studies.

Any help would be massively appreciated.

Thank you! :smile:
Original post by evemurchison
I'd like to transfer from kingston University to Queen Mary University and was just wondering if anyone else has done this? And if so, how easy/difficult was it?

Also what is Queen Mary like as a University? I plan to do English and Film Studies.

Any help would be massively appreciated.

Thank you! :smile:

Have you queried the relevant department at Queen Mary, yet?

Because there are certain requirements, especially module related and whether Queen Mary are willing to accept those modules as compatible to their own.

Nor is there any guarantee to transfer, and even asking you to repeat the same year at QM due to the difference in the work and difficultly, etc. I heard of someone from QM going to UCL from Computer science, he had to repeat his first year at UCL.
Also being asked to go through UCAS again, but they'll keep your details in check so you get the offer, but after you've discussed with them and they have agreed.

Do also take into account student finance and having to pass certain modules or all with a certain % to be accepted should they give you an offer.
(edited 9 years ago)
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending