The Student Room Group

Can you use a tutor for a reference if they're on holiday?

Okay college has finished a couple of weeks ago for me. So I assume the teachers are on holiday and not working.
Should I use a tutor as a reference if I can't get in touch with them?
What does everyone else do? Thanks..
Reply 1
Bump
Original post by bob002
Okay college has finished a couple of weeks ago for me. So I assume the teachers are on holiday and not working.
Should I use a tutor as a reference if I can't get in touch with them?
What does everyone else do? Thanks..

I know tutors do go into college during the summer here and there to sort stuff out, so they arent off the whole summer. And they probably wont have broken up just yet anyway.
Have you got an email address for your tutor? When i was at college, most tutors had their own college email address, and where all given this email address for if we needed to contact our tutor about anything. You could email him/heron that.
Otherwise you could phone the college and ask if your tutor is in and if you could speak to them. Or if they arent in, when will they be in. If not, explain the situation and ask how you can contact them about providing a reference. The college will have dealt with this sort of thing before.

When it comes to jobs themselves, If you give referee details to an employer, you can just put the college address.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending