The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Look on their website and get their contact info.
I went there and it was VERY good and only accept As or Bs not really C-graders. But in Year 10 and all that. Incredible. I got in there for 6th form 1) because ii live nearer 2) I got 5 A* 2 A 3 B.
HOPE THIS HELPS
Reply 1981
Original post by ViveenCFC
Look on their website and get their contact info.
I went there and it was VERY good and only accept As or Bs not really C-graders. But in Year 10 and all that. Incredible. I got in there for 6th form 1) because ii live nearer 2) I got 5 A* 2 A 3 B.
HOPE THIS HELPS

Uhh. Thanks for the info but you could improve on your english so we could decipher whatever you have Written, better.
Original post by arshadb
how were your papers

Math: 75-80% I guess, bathtub question undone, last two questions done in 5 minutes without checking

Chem and bio: I was able to answer the questions but then I doubt my accuracy.

Econ: What can I say? Nobody knows how well they did apparently because of the weird questions throughout lol

The chances that I will get to the interview are minimal.
Original post by arshadb
i messed up the mcq ones.
im epecting around 70 %:mad:
you?

Uh...well, I'm not too sure (don't remember; worst memory ever), but I think I did quite well in that. The English bit, right? Very likely got a couple wrong though, considering it IS mcq (I always do terribly in mcqs D:, don't know why...). It's only 37.5 of the whole paper though, right?

Original post by hmwhatshouldihave
But how did you even know the Cyrillic alphabet?

WE DIDN'T. lol I tried reading it out in my head by comparing it to Greek, which I don't know either.

Hey arshadb, how much do you think they take into account the languages you already know?
Original post by wizardmunchahoy
Could you confirm for me that the image in the polonium question is the first link if you google "alpha Po lattice"?

If so, then effectively, you are both right. 1 atom in the 1x1x1 cube, and 8 atoms in the 2x2x2 cube. I haven't seen the question itself... but I would assume that if you'd explained your case in a logical fashion, you'd have got the marks.

Oh alright. Now I just have to wait.
My friends and I sometimes used to joke that all this stuff on the official Westminster website is a bit silly, like how we become "well-rounded people" and have "intellectual interests"...

But thinking about it now, I realise that, all of a sudden, I've become a more confident person, more engaged in studies, more social, more involved in extracurricular activities... and I haven't even noticed! I have now realised that that everything Westminster says...has all become true!

And then I thought: this is because of Westminster! It's such a great atmosphere, you meet so many people of similar and different interests - but with one thing in common, they're all awesome.

You can truly express yourself. Be what you want to be, do whatever you want to do. And Westminster School, i.e. the teachers, housemasters, your friends and classmates, help you along the way.

Most important of all, though, all of us have great fun. "Work hard, play hard." That is most definitely the (unofficial) motto of Westminster

EDIT: WIN!! 2011st post of this thread in the year 2011!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1986
Original post by deadpinkfluffycat
Uh...well, I'm not too sure (don't remember; worst memory ever), but I think I did quite well in that. The English bit, right? Very likely got a couple wrong though, considering it IS mcq (I always do terribly in mcqs D:, don't know why...). It's only 37.5 of the whole paper though, right?

WE DIDN'T. lol I tried reading it out in my head by comparing it to Greek, which I don't know either.

Hey arshadb, how much do you think they take into account the languages you already know?

Yeah I think they do take into account how much of the language I know cause in the beginning of the paper they told us to list down the languages we know so...yeah
Reply 1987
Original post by elliotlauu
Oh alright. Now I just have to wait.

You seem very confident :biggrin:
How much do you predict in each paper?
Original post by wizardmunchahoy
My friends and I sometimes used to joke that all this stuff on the official Westminster website is a bit silly, like how we become "well-rounded people" and have "intellectual interests"...

But thinking about it now, I realise that, all of a sudden, I've become a more confident person, more engaged in studies, more social, more involved in extracurricular activities... and I haven't even noticed! I have now realised that that everything Westminster says...has all become true!

And then I thought: this is because of Westminster! It's such a great atmosphere, you meet so many people of similar and different interests - but with one thing in common, they're all awesome.

You can truly express yourself. Be what you want to be, do whatever you want to do. And Westminster School, i.e. the teachers, housemasters, your friends and classmates, help you along the way.

Most important of all, though, all of us have great fun. "Work hard, play hard." That is most definitely the (unofficial) motto of Westminster

EDIT: WIN!! 2011st post of this thread in the year 2011!

double awesome lol! :smile:
Reply 1989
Out of all the applicants I'm this thread , who is confident enough that they are getting an interview?
Reply 1990
Original post by arshadb
Out of all the applicants I'm this thread , who is confident enough that they are getting an interview?

I really don't know what to expect!
Original post by deadpinkfluffycat

So there was no like need to translate anything or you had to guess. Did you all have to self teach yourselves russian?

Also as someone who is almost fluent in modern greek, trying to read russian as greek, apparently doesn't work.
AAArrghh, I think they will think, I wasn't reading instructions carefully because I did all 4 questions in the chemistry.
I didn't even know! :frown: I think I have blown my chances :frown:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1993
Original post by Ralphyboy

AAArrghh, I think they will think, I wasn't reading instructions carefully because I did all 4 questions in the chemistry.
I didn't even no! :frown: I think I have blown my chances :frown:

They might think you're really keen so that could be a good thing.
Reply 1994
I've been going through the thread and people who did extremely bad in their math exams and other exams still got an interview so I guess we still have a chance
Original post by arshadb
I've been going through the thread and people who did extremely bad in their math exams and other exams still got an interview so I guess we still have a chance

Hopefully, but if I don't, I won't really mind because I still think Westminster is way out of my league.
Reply 1996
Hopefully, but if I don't, I won't really mind because I still think Westminster is way out of my league.

IM certain it's not. You just need to believe in yourself and you can't do anything now except wait.
Btw when do we get to know whether we have an interview or not?
Reply 1997
I think we find out in 2 weeks or less.
Original post by arshadb
IM certain it's not. You just need to believe in yourself and you can't do anything now except wait.
Btw when do we get to know whether we have an interview or not?

:smile: Thanks but I think I have blown the Chemistry. I got the Methane Question wrong. I hope they take me in because of Maths and Physics. I think we find out on the 15th or around then.
Westminster don't test your knowledge, they test your skill and logic, and hence aptitude and potential (as has been said before).

Before Westminster, I was at a state school up until year 6. So before going to the Great School, which starts at Year 9, I had to go to Westminster Under School for two years in preparation.

When I did the exam to get in, way back in year 6, I really thought that I'd messed the exams up big time. (I did exams for a few other schools, but Westminster really seemed like the place for me)

And I ended up getting a scholarship :tongue:

It really is hard to judge with Westminster, so don't count yourselves out if you don't think you did too well.

But I'm afraid all I can really say is: the best of luck to you all!

And stay groovy! ( I'm kind of known for around school for that catchphrase :biggrin: )

Back story behind "groovy": was walking from Westminster tube to school with a friend. Just walked past Houses of Parliament and about to cross to the Westminster Abbey side of Parliament Square. Then I said to him "From this day forth, I shall say the word groovy!" And he was like "OK dude..."

And I have said groovy ever since.

Latest

Trending

Trending