The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 780
I've received the letter but there's no info about my bursary. I've tried calling and I've been told that I'd be called back, I called at 2pm and I still haven't heard a response. Now I can't get through because no one's picking up and I've just sent an email.
I'm going mad.. I have no idea what's going on.

Anyone else had this problem?
Reply 781
I just got a call..looks like I'm going to have to reject that offer.
Hopefully it'll go to one of you guys!
Reply 782
well, just got my letter now too. It just said the same as what was on the intranet, but it told me that i'm very high on the waiting list and that they would call me if a place becomes available, it was very personal actually, and apologetic. Its a shame that you could not accept the offer lawd but at least you know yourself that you were offered a place at Westminster, and hardly anyone can say that. :smile:
Reply 783
Psyche05
I got my letter just now, but it wasn't very informative.

Were you offered a place? If so then firstly well done! but what would they need to say?
lawd
I just got a call..looks like I'm going to have to reject that offer.
Hopefully it'll go to one of you guys!

I am soo sorry to hear that... Do you mind me asking what the bursary was?:frown:

But you know you were good enough to go to westminster and you should be proud of that! I know how lucky I am but sometimes life can be soo harsh.

Do you have a plan B?
Reply 785
It turns out that the message on the intranet site was a generic one sent to all bursary applicants, turns out I wansn't considered for a bursary by the bursar.

I've got a full bursary to Forest School, it's not exactly top of the league tables, but its local, and it seems nice enough.

Thanks guys, at least I can say I'm proud that I got offered a place at westminster
greenpea
Were you offered a place? If so then firstly well done! but what would they need to say?

Yes and thanks, but I was hoping to find out what house I'd be in.
I swear this place is officially dead... those people on waiting list, heard anything yet?
Reply 788
I received a letter on Wednesday (which I think was the same as greenpea's because I was also told I was very high on the waiting list and did very well but there were lots of excellent candidates this year etc. etc.). We find out next week whether we can be offered a place or not. Have those people with offers yet been asked to respond to the offer (accept or refuse it)? If not, then I wonder how they could decide on the waiting list people by the end of next week.
rupertj
I received a letter on Wednesday (which I think was the same as greenpea's because I was also told I was very high on the waiting list and did very well but there were lots of excellent candidates this year etc. etc.). We find out next week whether we can be offered a place or not. Have those people with offers yet been asked to respond to the offer (accept or refuse it)? If not, then I wonder how they could decide on the waiting list people by the end of next week.

Yeah, they wanted the acceptance fee by sometime next week.
Good luck rupertji, I hope you get a place.:smile:
Reply 790
Psyche05
Yes and thanks, but I was hoping to find out what house I'd be in.

They don't no qhich people will acept their places so they can't arrange the houses yet.
wilbsz
They don't no qhich people will acept their places so they can't arrange the houses yet.

You're right. I didn't think of that.
Reply 792
Well I heard they would inform the waiting place people by Dec 16th (tomorrow) but I think it will be later. If rupertj got the same letter then thats worrying as perhaps it is a standard letter they send to all the waiting place people, irrespective of how well or badly you did in the interviews (?)
Reply 793
greenpea
Well I heard they would inform the waiting place people by Dec 16th (tomorrow) but I think it will be later. If rupertj got the same letter then thats worrying as perhaps it is a standard letter they send to all the waiting place people, irrespective of how well or badly you did in the interviews (?)

I don't think it's standard (they probably wouldn't lie to people about their place in the waiting list) but I don't think that "very" high is necessarily that meaningful.

Where did you hear that?
hi im new to all this
what happened to me is i got on the waiting list for westminster and i got in to both st pauls and to nlcs, my letter for the wait list was the same as yours i think with the whole very high stuff. anyway i accepted st pauls yesterday and had already declined nlcs i then got a call today being like you got of the wait list. i called up st pauls so i got my money back and now i am going to westminster!!!!
Reply 795
chocolate...
hi im new to all this
what happened to me is i got on the waiting list for westminster and i got in to both st pauls and to nlcs, my letter for the wait list was the same as yours i think with the whole very high stuff. anyway i accepted st pauls yesterday and had already declined nlcs i then got a call today being like you got of the wait list. i called up st pauls so i got my money back and now i am going to westminster!!!!

Did you get a call? I still haven't been contacted.
Reply 796
rupertj
Did you get a call? I still haven't been contacted.

Rupertj, do you have another school in mind? It's a bit strange as they should have contacted you to tell you their decision- whether they are offering you a place or not. Well I may turn down the offer for another school- I'm not sure yet but you might get my place. Don't worry too much as if you are good then u can do good wherever. :yep:

Btw I replied to your pm
Reply 797
greenpea
Rupertj, do you have another school in mind? It's a bit strange as they should have contacted you to tell you their decision- whether they are offering you a place or not. Well I may turn down the offer for another school- I'm not sure yet but you might get my place. Don't worry too much as if you are good then u can do good wherever. :yep:

Btw I replied to your pm

well the school broke up on wednesday.
i did get a call and a friend of mine also got off the wait list but serously don't worry i mean they probably havrn't gone through all the forms yet or maybe its done by subject or something
Reply 799
greenpea

Btw I replied to your pm

I was told by someone still at the school that the waiting list lasts quite a while, since many people take time to reply and, of course, those on the waiting list may refuse too. Also, some schools hold exams very late (around January).

Latest

Trending

Trending