The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 980
NIYI MA
is the math exam calculator //???

You mean "is calculator allowed for the maths exam"? No you can't use a calculator, but you can use one for chemistry and physics.
Reply 981
florsflor
You mean "is calculator allowed for the maths exam"? No you can't use a calculator, but you can use one for chemistry and physics.

I'm sorry its been long.....
Yh...happy new year!!!
:P

I was just wondering if I should practice intermidiate math challenge papers or senior ....
Reply 982
NIYI MA
I'm sorry its been long.....
Yh...happy new year!!!
:P

I was just wondering if I should practice intermidiate math challenge papers or senior ....

Hey! Happy new year hahaha :P

I don't know about the maths challenge papers. I think you can try out the more advanced word problems (algebra) in your textbook if you got any :smile: just work on the speed.
Reply 983
florsflor
Hey! Happy new year hahaha :P

I don't know about the maths challenge papers. I think you can try out the more advanced word problems (algebra) in your textbook if you got any :smile: just work on the speed.

thanx! i know for westminister people say dont bother preparing ..but for other schools, do u know any other school website that has past papers for the entrance exam
Reply 984
NIYI MA
thanx! i know for westminister people say dont bother preparing ..but for other schools, do u know any other school website that has past papers for the entrance exam

hey sorry for the late reply
sorry, i don't know where you can get entrance exam past papers

what are the schools besides westminster that you're applying to? maybe if you put "past paper" after the name of the schools and google you can find something.
what is this? this thread is over 3 years old.
Reply 986
i tried that it didnt work :frown:>>>i just trie emailing the schools..
they are..harrow,winchester,st.pauls, rugby and mill hill
Reply 987
NIYI MA

well, i think if you cannot find them online the schools don't want you to see the past papers. so they probably won't e-mail them to you. i have heard that st paul's tests you on your present knowledges so you should do some revision :smile:
Reply 988
DEATH! :frown:..oh well! Its probably for the best.. Ruined summer!
florsflor
well, i think if you cannot find them online the schools don't want you to see the past papers. so they probably won't e-mail them to you. i have heard that st paul's tests you on your present knowledges so you should do some revision :smile:
Reply 989
NIYI MA
DEATH! :frown:..oh well! Its probably for the best.. Ruined summer!

I guess you don't have to revise through summer. Maybe just go through the things you have learnt a week before the entrance exams?
Reply 990
Yh! I guess so..anyways harrow and westminister are my first choice :biggrin:DD

florsflor
I guess you don't have to revise through summer. Maybe just go through the things you have learnt a week before the entrance exams?
Reply 991
NIYI MA

Winchester all the way!
And seriously, don't go to Harrow :biggrin:
Reply 992
roshni7795
hey i am thinking of applying to westminster
but i recently looked at the sample chemistry questions in the exam
and had no clue what to do with them
are they as/ a level questions
as at my school we have covered nothing to do with that sort of material

I don't think they are AS/A Level questions. Some questions are about rate of reaction and properties of different groups of elements which should be covered during your GCSE years. I hadn't learnt rate of reaction when I did the exams but they gave you information that you'd need. I think the Chem paper is the only paper that you can prepare for, not that you will need to though because once you have learnt it you will know how to answer. :smile:
NIYI MA
Yh! I guess so..anyways harrow and westminister are my first choice :biggrin:DD

Just a heads up on Harrow - I'm assuming you're taking the exam from HK so I'm just going to drop a few tips cos I know a lot of people who took Sixth Form Entry:

Your profile says you're 14. There are people from Hong Kong who started the Lower Sixth at 18, so if you fail the first time feel free to try again. The entry requirements are also very competitve, so don't be disappointed if you don't get in because most Lower Sixth (from UK and overseas) come with scholarships. Many of these Lower Sixth will be "imports" to boost school teams, i.e. the maths team [which is, coincidentally, the best school team ever.] or even the cricket team.

In addition, if you're applying from HK you MUST go through an academic agency such as Academic Asia. They can help a lot, and they provide you with more opportunities to meet teachers.

tomthecat
And seriously, don't go to Harrow :biggrin:

uhhh.... wat? have fun doing Pre-U, im fine with the A-level =]
Reply 994
Looool! The age thing was a joke with my friends! I'm in year 10..born in '95..r u at harrow? Btw..I'm nigerian.....
theharrovian
Just a heads up on Harrow - I'm assuming you're taking the exam from HK so I'm just going to drop a few tips cos I know a lot of people who took Sixth Form Entry:

Your profile says you're 14. There are people from Hong Kong who started the Lower Sixth at 18, so if you fail the first time feel free to try again. The entry requirements are also very competitve, so don't be disappointed if you don't get in because most Lower Sixth (from UK and overseas) come with scholarships. Many of these Lower Sixth will be "imports" to boost school teams, i.e. the maths team [which is, coincidentally, the best school team ever.] or even the cricket team.

In addition, if you're applying from HK you MUST go through an academic agency such as Academic Asia. They can help a lot, and they provide you with more opportunities to meet teachers.

Reply 995
ooo..just got wt u meant..im turning 15 in june....im the right age because i will be sixteen before september next year...! im going to do the entrance exam this november! :s-smilie:..is it hard>>> ? oo and roshini i know the questions u were talking about..! they r easy... i did it in school because its on the IGCSE sylabus! x
Reply 996
theharrovian

Haha I actually considered Harrow, but didn't like it when I visited. I'm sure it's a good school, though, Winchester is just better...;D
Reply 997
Soz! Harrow seems like ten times more fun!
tomthecat
Haha I actually considered Harrow, but didn't like it when I visited. I'm sure it's a good school, though, Winchester is just better...;D
tomthecat

yes. harrow still has the better maths team =] my frnd got an academic exhibition to win coll but he went to harrow instead to join Harrow's mighty maths team. you might have heard of this guy, hes called takehiro fujita and hes a legend.

oh an NIYI MA, going for an OT scholarship will greatly increase ur chances of getting in.
Reply 999
roshni7795
oh. . . damn im not doing IGCSE :s-smilie:

What are you doing? Rate of reaction and properties of different groups are basic chemistry ideas so I believe you would come across them even you weren't doing IGCSE.

Latest

Trending

Trending