The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Wanting to study Biochemistry - still worth applying?

I got 6A*, 3A and a B for my GCSE's, however I got 2A and 2B's at AS.

A - chemistry - 86%
A - Philosophy - 83%
B - Maths - 237/300
B - Biology 239/300

I'm really not sure whether I should apply; I'm not sure firstly whether 2A's and 2B's are good enough in the first place, secondly whether they look at UMS (3 ums off an A in maths, 1 ums off in maths) and thirdly whether my teachers can predict me the three A's at A2 in maths,bio and chem.

Anyone have any advice? Anyone willing to share what their results were and what they are thinking of doing/ whether they got in?

Thanks
Reply 1
I think it's worth a shot. Remember you have 5 options. I would probably apply to one really good university that you may or may not get, three that you think are quite likely to accept you, and one back up. That way, even if you don't get the offer here, it's not the end of the world.

I'm not sure if they care about UMS, but you could always ask your teachers to mention it when they write your reference. I'm studying biochem here now (starting third year in October) so feel free to ask if you have any other questions :smile:
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
You definitely have a shot, so apply. At AS I got BBCD in Biology, Mathematics, Chemistry and Physics respectively. Then in A2 I improved and got A*AA in Biology, Chemistry and Mathematics. I applied to study Biochemistry in UCL, Imperial and Natural Sciences in Durham and got offers from all of them I firmed Imperial and I'm going to start in October.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending