The Student Room Group

PGCE Applications 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ChancedTravels
How are you guys going to pick which uni to select? I wasn't expected to like UEL so much and if I get an offer from UCL too, I'll have like 2 days to pick between them!

Why will you have to choose so quickly? I read that after you get all your offers you get 10 days to decide? :K:
Original post by fabuloussam_
Why will you have to choose so quickly? I read that after you get all your offers you get 10 days to decide? :K:

Uel make you sign an agreement form which says that if you get an offer you have ten days to accept, which is the same day as my UCL interview, so they've agreed to extend my decision time to 15 days... Rather strange, I know!
Original post by ChancedTravels
Primary :smile: I've got a place at UEL I had my interview on Monday, and I've got an interview at UCL on the 24th :smile: you?

Also just passed my QTS tests yay!

Congrats. What did you take with you for QTS as an evidence of application?
Original post by Niyo123
Congrats. What did you take with you for QTS as an evidence of application?

An interview invitation from the uni will do. Or you can also print out the Ucas application form.
Original post by daisyhuang1230
An interview invitation from the uni will do. Or you can also print out the Ucas application form.

I haven't sent the application yet as my references are pending. The application form is of 10 pages. Do we need to take the whole application?
Hiya,

got a question. I got an email from UCAS 8 hours ago saying that my referee accepted to write a reference for me. But when I log in to UCAS website and check Reference History, there's nothing. Is it normal? With my first referee the update was there pretty quickly.
Original post by Niyo123
I haven't sent the application yet as my references are pending. The application form is of 10 pages. Do we need to take the whole application?

Officially, you are not allowed to sit skills tests unless you've paid for and submitted your application, but if you go through the 2015 thread, some people managed to do them before submitting. I don't remember how though :redface:

When do you have them?
My remaining reference said that he'd do it 'asap' today.

Yeah...

I think I'm going to have to rearrange my skills tests but obviously I've already put the date they're booked for on my (now locked!) UCAS form.
I have got both references sorted out now :smile: so happy! Now just need to finish my Personal Statement!
Original post by Niyo123

Yes if you can print them out. When I did it they actually didn't check it quite seriously.
It's like what tango has mentioned, officially you should submit it prior to taking the tests.
But I don't think the fact that your referees haven't finished submitting their references will affect the printed version of the application form.
[QUOTE=Aemiliana;60580355]My remaining reference said that he'd do it 'asap' today.

Yeah...

I think I'm going to have to rearrange my skills tests but obviously I've already put the date they're booked for on my (now locked!) UCAS form.

Why do you have to rearrange? You'll need to pay for them if you do so.
Why do you have to rearrange? You'll need to pay for them if you do so.

Because my reference hasn't done his bit so I can't send it and therefore can't officially sit the tests.

I'll have to pay for them if I don't rearrange them 3 days beforehand. If I leave it too late, then I'll have to pay.

It's on the skills test website:

"You must give a minimum of 3 working days’ notice if you want to cancel or reschedule an appointment.

When you cancel an appointment, your next booking will be free of charge if:

the appointment you are cancelling is your first attempt and free of charge

you provide at least 3 working days’ notice"
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Aemiliana
My remaining reference said that he'd do it 'asap' today.

Yeah...

Have you checked when is the next slot you could do them? Maybe you'll managed to sit them before an interview. Good luck anyway.

Mine said 'today' too. STILL waiting. I know it's still 2 hours till midnight - so fingers crossed, haha.
I'm just worried, what if she didn't save it or something, as I had an acceptance email in the afternoon.

Luckily, I've got more than 2 weeks till my tests.
[QUOTE=Aemiliana;60580759]Because my reference hasn't done his bit so I can't send it and therefore can't officially sit the tests.

I'll have to pay for them if I don't rearrange them 3 days beforehand. If I leave it too late, then I'll have to pay.

It's on the skills test website:

"You must give a minimum of 3 working days’ notice if you want to cancel or reschedule an appointment.

When you cancel an appointment, your next booking will be free of charge if:

the appointment you are cancelling is your first attempt and free of charge

you provide at least 3 working days’ notice"

Oh yes. I forgot this bit. When you're going to do it? Hope your referee will do his job soon though.
Anyone who applied for PGCE secondary in UCL heard anything yet? I'm leaving England soon so getting a bit worried.
Hey everyone my second reference finally came through on Tuesday so sent my application away straight away and got invited to an interview at Sunderland uni today 😊 I have applied for a Primary PGCE now I'm just worried for the interview as its next Friday! Need to start researching educational issues and views on effective teaching for a written test.

Posted from TSR Mobile
This Saturday!
Anyone who applied for PGCE secondary in UCL heard anything yet? I'm leaving England soon so getting a bit worried.

Me too! I got an acknowledgement email, with details on logging into portal, but nothing else. It just says "application received" on the portal login page, its making me so anxious!

I hope you get a reply before you leave! :yep:
Original post by *tango*
Hiya,

got a question. I got an email from UCAS 8 hours ago saying that my referee accepted to write a reference for me. But when I log in to UCAS website and check Reference History, there's nothing. Is it normal? With my first referee the update was there pretty quickly.

Hi!It did the same for me but don't worry, it is not completely abnormal. Just check with your reference, long story short, mine couldn't find the button submit and it took two days for me to "fix" the issue.
Anyone applying for Loughborough? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending