The Student Room Group
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

Is it too late to defer entry this year?

Basically here's freshers week(s) that starts like today, plus there was an online enrollment bit for anyone not just international students that I did... So I'm probably too late but say I ask and would it be worth it? I haven't got a job yet or anything I just know I'm not wanting to go enough (this isn't new i've been waiting to be okay enough about it, i think it's mostly the course i'm not as excited as i should be about it) so if I can save the paying the loan back bit for the first term that'd be awesome. The residence is ready from the 16th onwards which is today but no extra money is in my account yet, but it means i'm probably gonna pay back something unless i don't know i say something soon enough? What's best to do is it too late for me to say anything?
Ring your Admissions Office and ask.
No other way to find out.
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website
Original post by SeemsToBe
Basically here's freshers week(s) that starts like today, plus there was an online enrollment bit for anyone not just international students that I did... So I'm probably too late but say I ask and would it be worth it? I haven't got a job yet or anything I just know I'm not wanting to go enough (this isn't new i've been waiting to be okay enough about it, i think it's mostly the course i'm not as excited as i should be about it) so if I can save the paying the loan back bit for the first term that'd be awesome. The residence is ready from the 16th onwards which is today but no extra money is in my account yet, but it means i'm probably gonna pay back something unless i don't know i say something soon enough? What's best to do is it too late for me to say anything?

If you defer a year now you either won't get the payment or they'll ask for the whole lot back straight away if you have got it. And they won't let you delay it because they're basically paying you for a term you're not doing....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by Jackieox
If you defer a year now you either won't get the payment or they'll ask for the whole lot back straight away if you have got it. And they won't let you delay it because they're basically paying you for a term you're not doing....

Posted from TSR Mobile

That makes sense. I'm trying to find out if it's possible so its nice to know its possible to give the money back

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
I'm having this exact same issue so its reassuring to know its not just me. i too am trying to find out if i can defer, so stressful and don't know what to do for the year if i don't go but don't want to waste my time
Reply 5
Original post by hat18
I'm having this exact same issue so its reassuring to know its not just me. i too am trying to find out if i can defer, so stressful and don't know what to do for the year if i don't go but don't want to waste my time

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah awesome. I hate this bit coz i dont know what is best for the future blah blah...
I dont think getting a job will be a waste and i hope thats not too much affected on the time you apply. Whereas travelling obviously is a bit harder to plan rn
Reply 6
You need to speak to the university, none of us can tell you if it's too late. Have you signed a contract for your accommodation? If you have you need to check because a lot of places say you are responsible for your rent unless you can find someone to replace you.
Reply 7
Original post by Jenx301
You need to speak to the university, none of us can tell you if it's too late. Have you signed a contract for your accommodation? If you have you need to check because a lot of places say you are responsible for your rent unless you can find someone to replace you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Alright thanks
Tbh i dont even know if its worth a gap yr it wont help me decide on a course by september i dont think
As long as you haven't registered attendance, no money is transferred through
Reply 9
Original post by marco14196
As long as you haven't registered attendance, no money is transferred through

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending