The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
gtan
when will you guys plan to move in ..??

First day of Freshers week which should give me time to (a) learn the city a bit better and (b) get totally smashed. :biggrin:
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 2
whats up everyone - I am a 3rd year at Harvard who will be studying at University of Edinburgh in the Fall- looking forward to some damn good times
Reply 3
hstudent06
whats up everyone - I am a 3rd year at Harvard who will be studying at University of Edinburgh in the Fall- looking forward to some damn good times

Ohh links to Harvard...Edinburgh just keeps getting better!!! :wink:
Reply 4
Leekey
First day of Freshers week which should give me time to (a) learn the city a bit better and (b) get totally smashed. :biggrin:

oh yes definitely
hmm cant wait!
Reply 5
kriztinae
oh yes definitely
hmm cant wait!

hmm wrong place ignore my post
I was thinking of arriving the Sat before Fresher's Week.. Need to buy lots of stuff :smile: Are the stores open on Sundays in there? sorry me stupid finn
Reply 7
Sereonaranel
I was thinking of arriving the Sat before Fresher's Week.. Need to buy lots of stuff :smile: Are the stores open on Sundays in there? sorry me stupid finn

I would guess that stores wil be open on Sundays (they are pretty much everywhere else so I can't see why not). Probably a good idea going a little bit before though, it will avoid the wandering around hopelessly in front of hundreds of other lost students experience. :smile:
Reply 8
When does freshers week begin? Is it Monday 13th September ???

You might note that on UCAS it says that we start in October ... but on the edinburgh website it says that we start in September ... the 13th i think.

If it's 13th September, i will be arriving in Edinburgh on the 11th, which is a Saturday! :smile: All in good time.
I believe it's Sept. 13th. On my UCAS page it says Sep too. Might be course differences, tho...?
Reply 10
what happens during freshers weeek? Im coming as a visiting student in the fall and it looks as though we are supposed to attend....
Reply 11
hstudent06
what happens during freshers weeek? Im coming as a visiting student in the fall and it looks as though we are supposed to attend....

Drunken freshers take over the city and have sticky bun fights. :biggrin:
Leekey
Drunken freshers take over the city and have sticky bun fights. :biggrin:

YAY!! :cool:
Reply 13
Sereonaranel
YAY!! :cool:

I acutally look forward to help the female freshers get unsticky after the fight of course. :biggrin:
Leekey
I acutally look forward to help the female freshers get unsticky after the fight of course. :biggrin:

I was actually referring to the take-over-the-city-drunk scheme, but I'll give you a call if I happen to need any help with the unstickying :tongue:
Reply 15
Sereonaranel
I was actually referring to the take-over-the-city-drunk scheme, but I'll give you a call if I happen to need any help with the unstickying :tongue:

Both sound pretty good ways to spend a week to me!!! :biggrin:
Reply 16
I plan arriving several days before the fresher's week, say two or three. Btw Leekey, do you expect us to have a lot of girls in the CS dep? :smile:
Can someone explain a bit more about fresher's week? Does it happen at every university? :confused:
Reply 18
Kiril
Btw Leekey, do you expect us to have a lot of girls in the CS dep? :smile:

GOD NO!!! I'm thinking I'm going to do my outside modules in English and Drama in order to ensure that I actually see a female person during uni!!! Seriously though, even if we don't get all that many ladies on our course (10% if I'm correct), you will be living with hundereds of the creatures so you shouldn't have too many problems on that front!!!....Now if I only resembled Colin Farrell :frown: :biggrin:
Reply 19
Whats_The_411?
Can someone explain a bit more about fresher's week? Does it happen at every university? :confused:

It's the week before term actually begins and we have to get down to some work. It is bascially like an induction week at the university. Almost all universities have them except some shoddy ones (*cough*Warwick*cough*) and ther are apparently a great time to get to know your fellow newbies as well as the city your going to be living in. In practise they involve a lot of drinking and a lot of parties....nuff said really!!! :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending